or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

While tipping waiters, barbers / stylists, valets, etc is a long time accepted social norm - what do you think about all of the other tip jars in the world. It seems that you can't buy anything anymore without being confronted with a tip jar. So - do you tip at Starbucks? Why or why not? I mean what's the difference between the salesman at NM, the cashier at Target, the guy who pours you a coffee at McDonalds and a Starbucks barrista. Why does one of these...
No. Its all reltaive - he is now more widely known than me - but that is not saying anything. My friend works in commercial real estate and is married with one kid. He is probably not too much different than the thousands of other Manhattan couples with two "Wall Street" jobs. He is willing to assocaite with me - so he is by no means a socialite
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar Is he famous for being on the Sartorialist? That is a bit streching the truth,no ? Well he is famous compared to me. And he may be the most famous person that I know well. By "famous" - I mean "widely known."
Quote: Originally Posted by rajesh06 I am reasonably certain that this is a friend of mine from college. I will email him to ask. Actually I can confirm this is my friend from the URL. - Never knew he was famous!
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHoff This is the same fellow with that interesting bespoke DB suit as well as the other one that was quite talked about here. He does have some interesting clothes made and the attitude to wear them. Can someone give me the original link to this picture?
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHoff This is the same fellow with that interesting bespoke DB suit as well as the other one that was quite talked about here. He does have some interesting clothes made and the attitude to wear them. I am reasonably certain that this is a friend of mine from college. I will email him to ask.
You should also consider whether the band you choose for your wife will match her engagement ring. (Assuming she will wear both together.)
Call me naive - but I think most Americans (across ages, races, etc) are socially liberal / progressive and fiscally conservative. There is one big reason why the current generation of young people lean left - the perception that GWB lied about a war in which their generation is the majority of the front line.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn The problem is, many places do not take Diners Club. On the same thought, you might want to get a Visa/Mastercard too, as Amex isn't accepted everywhere either. About two years ago Diners swithched to the Mastercard system in the US - it may still be on its own system in other parts of the world. So it accepted anywhere MC is - but it remains a charge card; not a credit card.
Quote: Originally Posted by bachbeet What's nonsense is for people to STILL keep posing the First Cause argument to try to explain the compatibility of religion and evolution. An argument that has been debunked time and time again and at least as long ago as Bertrand Russell. The God Delusion is a far more important book than the Bible. Written by someone who knows a lot more about evolution and its incompatibility with religion than any of us ever...