or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman Is there a way to reference a cell within a formula in a truly relative fashion? By this I mean say you had SUM(B1:B7), but what you really wanted to do is not call cell B1 as the start of the range, but just call it in some way that means "from the cell in this row, but six columns to the left." 'm sure I've done that in VBE in R1C1 back in the day, but not from a cell formula. My boss needed to do that, and I figured...
Quote: Originally Posted by fairholme_wannabe Quick question regarding pivot tables--should be pretty easy but I can't figure it out. Let's say I have a pivot table with rows of brands --> items within brand --> year and column of months Formatted so that I can easily see YoY Lifts, etc per item. However, I would also like to see YoY Lifts per brand, yet because the year is a row as well, it rolls up all years per month on the brand subtotal. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Neo1824 Definitely not a pivot table. It's all vlookups. What I meant to ask is whether you have pivot tables in other parts of your workbook. This could be creating the large size.
Quote: Originally Posted by Neo1824 this one has me stumped. I have a Excel 2003 file with numberous vlookups in it that look to another excel file to find the data. so... file1 has vlookup and points to file2 to find the data. so for some reason file1 is caching the data it looks up such that even when the linked file is unavailable, lookup data shows up. This is causing the file to get quite large. Does anyone know how to turn off this...
Quote: Originally Posted by yerfdog Yeah, but most cities have more than one zip code, and big cities have many. good point - i have no good solutions for you then. If your goal is to rename all the addresses consistently then I would suggest creating a "rename" table which starts with a pivot table with the addresses in the rows and then some sort of count as the data. You would then sort this alphabetically in order to get similar names...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1970cleveland I took 2 new Brooks Brothers shirts to get pressed and they did so with the collar stays in, now I have ugly stay imprints visible through the outside on my collar. I tried ironing them out after removing the stays but they are still visible. Has anyone had this issue? I may try washing it then ironing it again. Right now they look horrible, I would not wear them but at the same time I would hate to scrap 2...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhowie I have a column with addresses some of the duplicates are not all spelled exactly the same way ( Capital of Texas Highway can look like Capital TX Hwy, CapL of Tx Hwy... etc.) and I also have a column with the corresponding city. The problem is I don't have the zip code for any of these locations. Is there any way I can match up a zip code without looking up each inidvidual address? There are over 1000 entries so...
Quote: Originally Posted by ThinkDerm awesome stuff! +1 - it would be easier if they were grouped by size.
Quote: Originally Posted by NameBack Yeah. Sorry, should have clarified -- that's my question. I know how to get it to do an autofill to a certain range, the problem is that I can't figure out how to get it to fill to anything other than a static range. The makeshift solution I have is that it fills down to a predetermined range, which is way longer than it needs to be (to make sure that it fills down sufficiently far, as the files I'm working...
Quote: Originally Posted by NameBack So, is there a good way to duplicate the way autofill works with VBA? In the sense that, I want a macro that opens up a document, adds a column, and fills that column with a value all the way down to the bottom of the sheet, as would happen if I manually double-clicked the corner of the cell. Basically, how do I use relative positioning in VBA? I once boot-strapped something with a macro that would find the next...