or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

My shirt maker told me that wearing an undershirt reduces the life of the shirt due to the friction between the undershirt and the shirt. Also, much of the pleasure of wearing a high quality shirt is the feeling of the fabric against your skin. On the original question - shirts should almost never be dry cleaned.
I just received and wore my first Ledbury shirt. (Just bought one to try it out) No tie today. I thought the construction was very good. There is some magic in the collars that keeps them standing - this fixes a problem that I often I have when wearing dress shirts without the tie. I thought it fit me well. I am 6ft ~195lb - probably about 15 lbs over my ideal weight for my build and I got the regular fit- which was just about perfect for me. The fabric isn't the silky...
I think the answer lies with the OFFSET function.
=subtotal(9, [range]) use the same formula for the grand total - it will ignore the intermediate subtotals
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggskip This mostly works except that the end result is still 12:02:15 A.M. Agree - though with the custom format it would just display as 2:15,
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajak Is it possible to make excel think that 2:15 is 2 minutes and 15 seconds, as opposed to 12:02:15 AM or 2:15 AM? I don't think so via direct entry. You could convert to a serial time by using a the following formula: (m + s/60)/(24*60) and then format the cell as mm:ss (Format - Number - Custom).
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar i have a list, say a thousand names. And one column specifies their city, another their birth month and another their mortgage payments. How can I calculate the 25th and 75th percentiles of the mortgage payments for each city and then birth month? I'd normally just pivot, but it only has min/max/average and I need percentiles. I can't think of a real elegant to do this. You could add columns for each...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I have a very long worksheet that I'm trying to sort in a specific way. Basically, each row is a company's name plus some other data. Each data point is repeated individually, with the company's name, in individual rows. I want to sort by frequency...so Company X, which is shown 15 times, should be on top of Company Y, which is shown only in 12 rows. But it seems the only way I Can do that is by doing alphabetical...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajak Ok, so I don't know if this makes sense/is possible but: I have about a dozen sheets with different test results for various subjects, formatted like A - name B - Year of Birth C - test result at time a (the top row is a series of dates) D - test result at time b and so on. Each sheet has a different test type, and each subject on the same row. Is there a way to make a new sheet for each subject, with the data...
Basile Reason: Construction / Value