or Connect

Posts by Arizor

Excellent, can't wait to get one!
I'm with you, asides from I think it would be best to get that build brand new, as opposed to pre-distressed. But I think once broken in, with a good 6 months wear, they will look amazing with the antiqued brass eyelets.
For those who voted the black boot options: would any prefer brass eyelets over gunmetal? I would.
Christ, a sleeping shirt?! Decadent Sir!
Yes I think it is some stab at historical verisimilitude, as is the norm with Cabourn. Yet I wish that the numbers on these garments actually signified something concrete and consistent; i.e. that a 50 represented a 40" chest, regardless of garment. Wishful thinking I guess…!
Don't get me wrong, they're fantastic in terms of construction and fabric, which is why I own so many. But it's just bizarre how a bigger size can fit smaller, and the smaller size can fit bigger!
Last SEH Kelly responded, the Donegal blazer wasn't being replaced as much as it was coming out in a slightly different fabric; can't wait to see what it is.
Has anyone found that the sizing of Cabourn henleys (produced in collaboration with the excellent Merz B Schwanen) is, for lack of a better term, fucking mental?! I own a few, the rugby shirt in a size 52 which is tight, and two henleys in 50 which are loose. How the hell are the 50s bigger than the 52s from the same factory?!
With all the furore around the 2030 (and I'd definitely be up for purchasing boots on a different last), I thought it might be useful, instead of posting just comparative brand sizes you wear, to post measurements of your largest foot and the Viberg size you are comfortable in. So for example my largest foot (left) measures 28.5cm in length and 10.8cm in width, and after a few days of breaking in I'm finding the 2030 last on a 9.5 fits quite well. A caveat is that I like...
Great job VLSI. Though to be honest, I would prefer to get these boots new instead of pre-distressed, breaking them in so that they perfectly shape to your foot is half the fun. Also the extra costs involved outweigh the benefits in my mind.