or Connect

Posts by archibaldleach

This is a really critical insight and will serve you well for a long time. What fits you best is going to be determined by the actual measurements of the garment (some 32s are sized to fit someone with a 32 inch waist, some offer a bit of vanity sizing and can fit someone with say a 33 inch waist, some are actually 32 inches around the waistband which might fit someone with a 30-31 inch waist. If you can, get actual measurements for things you buy online. They definitely...
NMWA needs a financing affiliate. Too much awesome looking stuff; insufficient cash.
I think the issue is less lack of a good tailor and more kids not knowing how a jacket should fit them in key places like the chest and shoulders.
@jcpeterson, welcome. From the photos it looks like the jacket could be a little bit tight in the chest (lapel bowing out a bit in first photo), though that could just be due to the way you are holding the camera. The second tie is a bit skinny for my taste as well. As for trousers, I'd wear either light grey, tan or cream / white. Shoes could be shades of brown for tan / cream / white trousers and either brown or black if you are wearing grey trousers. As for dressing in...
I agree on the first point and am considering getting a jacket with a bit less drape from Steed at some point (though I do think the extent to which you like a firm's house style is relevant even if they can be flexible).Noodles' current issue is that he has 3 Formosas sitting in his closet that he won't take to the tailor until he loses weight, has been wearing the same suit everyday for a couple weeks (and is close to killing it) and thus has 3 non-tailored Formosas, his...
I agree with this. Certainly there are people who can't tell the difference between a cheap suit and a good one, but I think a lot of people can. We're not debating the finer points of whether the shirt you wear with a dinner jacket should take say 3 or 4 studs (a point that almost nobody will notice or care about). We're talking about an objectively good quality suit versus a cheap one. People notice (whether they care is another matter).
I like Steed's work (though I am questioning whether I really like drape - personal preference, in no way a reflection on Steed), but their fully canvassed MTM option is going to come to 1200 British Pounds ($1,850 USD) which is Formosa territory and probably a bit out of Noodles' budget for the time being unless he's buying one a year (and he definitely needs a few more suits quickly).
Patriots franchise Gostkowski. Not really surprised to see this as the other logical choice would have been McCourty and I don't see NE wanting the $9M or so cap hit for a safety when they may be trying to get Revis to resign when a long-term deal might be more cap-friendly for the next 2 years. Realistically I see NE keeping either Revis or McCourty and suspect it will be McCourty. Even if Revis decides after having made a fortune by going to the highest bidder that he'll...
So a closet of Formosas is not realistic (and unless your budget goes up over the next couple years will not be realistic). So you currently have:- 3 Formosas that you want to get altered when you lose 10-15 lbs- 1 Wedding suit- 1 Beat up beater that doesn't fit you- 1 Beater you want to start wearing soonIf Murl is giving you a really good deal on that one Formosa, I think you're crazy to not take it as a heavily discounted Formosa is way better bang for your buck than...
All this talk about Jos. A Bank brings up something that's been said at times here and in many other places. An okay suit that fits you correctly is going to look better than a great suit that fits you poorly. Assuming the fabric isn't noticeably cheap looking and you get it altered to fit well, outside of a few snobbish places in the real world you'll be okay. My issue with Noodles going there is that he is just all over the place when it comes to this stuff. He needs to...