or Connect

Posts by archibaldleach

Congrats on the engagement.
Yeah, I meant formal relative to most things in life. The white shirt will contrast more with the suit, which is a nice look.
Claghorn may be giving Vox a run for his money re: number of blue odd jackets owned at this point...
The right light blue will work fine. Perhaps a nice end-on-end. Light blue and white stripe would be another option. I generally prefer pink with medium greys to medium blues, but perhaps a light pink and white striped shirt could still be nice here. Lilac too.
Noodles thread is a mix of clothing advice, general advice on life, picnic attacks, soap opera and reality TV. It truly is a remarkable achievement. Sometimes I feel I'm here to give advice. Other times I feel I'm catching up on the latest episode.
More information would help. How often do you plan to wear these clothes? Are you working in a specific industry? Do you know what your coworkers will be wearing? What is your actual maximum budget for shirts / trousers / etc. on a per item basis? What is your maximum total budget?
@gumercindo, why the dislike of white shirts in this context? White is by far the best choice for a formal occasion and will work quite well with a navy suit. Of the ties you posted, I like the first three best. @Robstrongo, my understanding is that traditional wedding ties are in the black / white / grey scale, so something in blue would not fit the bill. That having been said, it seems like a wedding tie-esque pattern and if you want to wear a blue patterned tie to a...
Union Jack is an old reliable favorite for me. I've had better beers, but it's very nice for what it is, easy to find and I never find myself wishing I'd ordered something else.
Habanero Sculpin is interesting.
Latest Luxire order shipped. 18 days from placing the order to the shipping notice. This was for a material they had in stock and creating a new pattern / set of measurements to reflect some meaningful weight loss. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.