or Connect

Posts by The Deacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0JzA4kOHagk
I have wondered if AE workers purposely sabotaged the SF/AAAC MTO program in order to bring the special offer to an end. So many botched orders from "professionals"?
My similar NIB later model year Aldens paled in comparison in terms of build and fit. However, a vintage pair of NIB/NOS shell Alden plain toes that I tried at a store in Boston on with a 90's vintage felt as substantial. A second photo:
Excellent shoe, my burgandy pair with brown patina is hands down a sleeker look and better fit for me than same size in similar/comparable Alden 974, with its bulbous toe and odd fitting Tremont last.
The burgundy paint is peeling off the eyelets of my Alden for BB shortwings. What do you guys do to fix this issue? Nail polish on the exposed eyelets? The patina is brown if that helps. Thanks for any tips you have.
I recommend Burgandy Shell Cordovan Cambridge WingtipsBrown StrandsI recently bought the following AE shoes:Burgandy Shell CambridgeBurgandy Calf HaleBurgandy Shell MacNeilTan Calf Soho (discontinued)Brown Shell Park AvenueBrown Calf Made by AE for Brooks Brothers Strand (Best of the bunch in my skewed opinion)
crikey!
A year ago I sold a pair of these in almost identical condition for $150 after finding them at a thrift shop.
    I am still in the hunt for Cigar Shell LWB but I missed having a pair of Black Shell LWB since I outgrew my workhorse pair and these were available in my new size for $400.
  Carpe Diem Alden Shell 9741 with super thick soles 12.5E from German seller