or Connect

Posts by usctrojans31

Some of the responses in this since bumping have been ridiculous. There is a difference between trying on a pair or two of shoes and being the person trying on 10 types of shoes and not buying anything. I think it also depends on the attitude of the customer as well. What if you try on the shoes with the intention of buying them and they genuinely don't fit? Is that wrong? Are you wasting the salesperson's time? I was in the city at Sherman Brothers and looking at...
Hello all, I have recently been spending a lot of money on shoes and would certainly like to continue that pattern but want to source some advice regarding my next pair before just going to the default choices. About me and my shoes: I am in my 20's, in college, and not the heir to an oil empire, so I can't exactly go the G&G route; however, I am willing to spend money on a quality product and don't have a hard budget in mind. Assume less than Saint Crispin's,...
With the proliferation of necrobumping, I thought that I would add in my two cents. I am a 12 or 13 C or B depending on last, so seldom will the store even carry my size. When I try on shoes, I typically do just to get a feel for which size to order for a better price. Whenever I try on the shoes, I tell the sales associate that I am going to think about the shoes, ensure that I get his/her name and tell them that I will make sure that they get the sale, which I...
I want to give an unsolicited opinion as well. I have this particular laptop and absolutely love it. It is lightweight, portable, incredible graphics, and a very, very powerful machine for its size. I am not a gamer either, but do do a lot of video work and the graphics and colors are unparalleled. For anyone thinking about getting a new laptop who values portability and strength, this is perfect. I believe that we had one for sale on here about a year ago and it...
Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR I purchased a $300 sweater from Burberry because the store attendent had a sexy French accent. I think we have all done this at some point. I bought a pair of freaking true religions because I was into the sales associate....they were returned the next day. The downside? She turned out to be an idiot.
Does anyone from last year remember what shoes were and were not included and how much off they were? Trying to decide if I should keep my gift card and buy shoes from them or sell the gift card and buy shoes elsewhere.
OP - Allow me to chime in with more perspective as well. Despite what many will argue on here, the difference between a $300-$500 pair of shoes is relatively minor, and the price difference is all relative and subjective. I don't think anyone on here will argue the merits of say Allen Edmonds being a better shoe than Edward Green or Saint Crispin's. What people will argue is whether the EG is five times better than an Allen Edmonds; to some it is, to some it is not....
Quote: Originally Posted by Don Carlos By "heavy," do you mean strong (nicotine content), or do you mean full-bodied (flavor profile)? The VI is strong. Very powerful stuff in that stick. The first one I smoked left me higher than a few bongs full of choice maryjane. Full bodied. I have smoked the Siglo I through V, but no luck with the VI. Hopefully I don't wind up getting blasted when I finally do as I will be somewhere that I am...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jangofett Nah its 8 US. Some view it as 8.5 US. Thank you, I actually knew that but was quite drunk when writing that.
Are you sure it is not 7E UK? That corresponds to a 6 B or C in US sizing