or Connect

Posts by usctrojans31

claes500 - those shoes are a beauty. I've found myself growing more and more fond of Vass, and those are some of the best that I've seen.
The best thing for you to do is to get your size down well in several brands and know the nuances of fit. At $500-$600, you're not looking at an insignificant amount of change, and can easily find something of pretty high quality with some patience. Get your size, search the hell out of the internet. As for a brand, you might want to check out Canali...it sounds like you've bulked up and could use something with a bit of a fuller cut. Canali, if it fits you, can regularly...
Did you use your AmEx? If so, phone them immediately too.
The ultimate SF member trolling thread is still right here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/249875/whos-the-sf-approved-guy-in-my-salsa-class/0_50
Printemps, at least in Paris at the grands magasins, carries Drake's for about 60-100 euros, depending on the sale price. I know that it is a bit over your price range, but it is well worth it.
How to address your post...hmm...I think that I'll keep on living my life.
It might be better for you to take the next step to the mid-range shoes like C&J and the like rather than moving to G&G, Lobb, Edward Green, etc. Moving upwards from Allen Edmonds, you're going to get a higher quality leather, tighter stitching in both the sole and the throat/quarters of the shoe, more handwork (which you admittedly said fails to interest you), and really better style (which you again mentioned as irrelevant). If you're removing style from the situation,...
Yay with sport coat, always.Yay with suit if it is not in a business setting. If you're wearing a suit to a more relaxed party, you're fine.
The button stance is too high for you and cuts you in a strange place. Secondly, the socks are awful.
While I have not been there that long, I have been here more than many other members. My low post count signifies that I am more of a reader than active participant, so my observer role allows me to have a more objective role. Foo and Doc have touched on the big issue: reciprocity. Answering the same question repeatedly leads to diminishing returns and a lack of reciprocal enjoyment. This place was a forum of information, collectivism, and an overall desire for the...