or Connect

Posts by usctrojans31

If you're going for comfort, you can do better. YRR mentioned the part about the horse-bit, which I'm glad he did. Grenadier - the OP posted a pair of shoes that could be had at DSW, and you're posting shell cordovan? Come on. That is like if I asked for opinions on Hugo Boss and you recommended switching to Attolini.
Harvey - it is solid brass. There is very minimal tarnishing, which I could handle. There are scratches, which appear to have just popped up. I worry if I strip it and refinish it, it will be uneven. I also don't know if the polish will apply unevenly with the scratches. If I have to replace it, it isn't a huge deal seeing as the belt is just an older Banana Republic belt; it would just be a pain in my ass since I actually like the shape of the belt and the buckle.
Noobie question from a senior member. One of my cheaper belts is starting to show significant wear on the buckle, seemingly out of nowhere. I really like the belt and don't want to replace it unless I have to. It has a brass buckle and I'm not sure how to clean it and remove the wear. I spent time on Google and searching here, yet the results were inconclusive.
This thread has really made me appreciate Bontoni. It is moving into my top 5 favorite shoes to view.
Drowsy = drunk?
I wish people would stop posting shoes that are my size and that I can't afford right now.
What is the return policy? If you're only out a few dollars to pay for return shipping, only you can decide what those few dollars mean to you. If you'd rather have the drink when going out, then save the few dollars. I find Canali to be very roomy in the chest, so you might be fine depending on your build. I can't wear it because of length issues, but whenever I've tried it on, I've moved from a 40 to a 38 without issue. Even in the drop 8 model that I tried on, I still...
I've never been, but NY people swear by Mr. Ned. I've been impressed by the photos. AlexE - my guess is that the OP is reading WAYWN often...there have been many Australian bespoke posts over the last 5-6 pages.
This thread is simply useless without photos. As a whole, Carvet is generally lighter and a finer silk than those brands, so it could be authentic.
Where did you take the shoulder measurements from? Put the jacket flat against a surface and use a measuring tape to measure the width across the back of the jacket for the shoulders. For a 42, it should be between 19" and 20", maybe a little more or less depending on cut. The two places that are the most difficult to alter are the shoulders and the jacket length. Unless you have a very, very capable tailor, you're going to pay a lot of money for a poor product.