or Connect

Posts by porschemad911

I'll take it, will PM you. I just bought one and have the same problem as you -- to small. Thankfully your too small sounds like my just right!
Quote: Originally Posted by steviecakes Is it ever to late to topy a sole? I have a well worn pair of rachel comey derringers that I really want to squeeze every last mile out of. I guess you could, but I don't really bother if they're well worn. Usually I just wear it down until a resole is merited, then topy the resole immediately.
Quote: Originally Posted by styleep Hey guys, can't decide between the black or grey jacket. Leaning towards the grey one as the black looks too bland. Wearing it around the city. What you all think? Of those 2, definitely the black one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman Speaking of Land's End and LE Canvas, it's worth noting that they have an Australian return address. Therefore, if you order something and it doesn't suit you or if you don't like it, you only have to ship it to Sydney, rather than back to the US. It's inexpensive, quick and simple. Cool, thanks for the info! I donated a couple of polos to charity from my last order because I thought it wasn't worth...
Quote: Originally Posted by lennier Thanks PM911, sounds like I'd be looking at a small then, since the collar size will be relatively unimportant. Want to buy a 928 btw? :-) Haha, I would love a 928, they sound fantastic, but I'm still enjoying the Ralliart Colt I bought November last year too much to change over to anything else just yet :-)
Man, I give up on Levi's 514 sizing. I'm a 32 true waist, had a darkish washed pair in 32 made in Sri Lanka, waist was too loose. Bought another slightly lighter washed pair in 31 made in Mexico, perfect fit, waist nice and snug. But I really wanted something darker so bought a 31 tumbled rigid made in Bangladesh, hoping it would fit like the 31 above. Nope, about as loose as the first 32 I had. ... I give up, not even going to try my luck with a tumbled rigid 30, will...
Quote: Originally Posted by lennier I really must get around to buying some more casual shirts, and these sound like a good place to start. Does anyone know how their sizing compares with Lewin? If anyone takes 15.5/33 in a Lewin slim fit and also has some LE stuff I'd appreciate advice on the LE sizes. I've got a couple of jackets / shirts from the Lands End Canvas range, I'm a 15.5/34.5 in Lewin slim fit (but have to tailor the sides in a bit...
Quote: Originally Posted by ryanohare In the US last month, I bought 3 BD shirts in a Gap outlet sale for $30. That's right; $30 for 3. Y'know, 3 of them for thirty d-o-l-l-a-r-s. They're a lovely slim fit, light blue, pearl buttons, and they iron like a dream. Oh and did I mention I got 3 of them for $30? Lol, shirts sound nice, but depends on the value ... how much did you have to pay for them? Actually my blue Penny Stock OCBD from B&S...
Quote: Originally Posted by gladhands This is extremely helpful. I guess my issue lies in the fact that I'm so stuck in the mindset that says it's only okay to spend real money on the things you need. $600 dress shoes, but not $300 sneakers. Like anyone who posts here, I like clothes...and I like a lot of different looks, but I'm not sure I have the lifestyle to make them buying them worthwhile. At least you're good at recognising this...
Quote: Originally Posted by tombrokaw I bought CT tailored fit shirts, I still had to have the tailor take it in. to be fair, I like my shirts really slim fit. Chest 37 waist 29 sleeve 33 neck 15.5 I purchased 15.5 neck, 33 sleeve. Interesting, are these the measurements after you had the tailor take them in? I also buy a 15.5 (35 sleeve), but my actual chest / waist measurement is 38 / 32, so there's no way my shirts are that slim. I'd be...