Posts by alexSF

Yes I writed this in the other thread, the chart in inches is totally wrong, the correct one is the chart in Cm.The are very slim and tapered, sizing up is the right choice.I have very large shoulders, and I noticed a large yoke.I've just compared the Ivy Chambray to my casual oxfords, all size M or 15,5 in Polo Custom, Rugby RL etc.NY Ivy Kamakura in Size M, have yoke 4 cm larger, back lenght 5 cm longer, similar pit to pit but noticeable tapered waist.I can't understand...
If could help, New york fit size M pit to pit is 21,5", tokyo fit size L is 22"Sleeves from shoulders seam NY 26, Tokyo 24,75The tokyo is 0,5 inch longer.I own the new york and the tokyo is coming from a forum member.Compare the measurements above to charts and you can find how the chart in inches it totally wrongI found it very tapered not "slighty tapered" at least compared to BB ESF (15,5 - 34)The large yoke makes the sleeve longer, and considering the very large cuffs...
The size chart of the vintage ivy is totally off in inches, the correct one is the chart in cm.
I don't know if they will look like those, but surely they will lighten changing their colour.http://horween.com/products/brownout/Depends on the colour they started, actually almost all pairs are very dark brown, they used to be dark cognac from new and they age better with fantastic patina, Countingsheep and hoit1981 pairs are a great example.
^Exposure to sunlight is the key.
Here some pics, capture the colour and texture of this fabric is a challenge... Here the Light Blue Kamakura Oxford near a White BB that I have still packed, honestly the collar of the Kakamura looks lifeless...worn it's a lot better. The oxford used is very gentle and soft compared to the stiff oxford used by BB. Cloth Close Up - Blue BB vs Light Blue Kamakura: Collar Point: Brooks Brothers: 8,5 cm Chambray: 8 cm Kamakura Oxford: 9,5 cm Just for...
If they aren't sold out in my sizes I would have ordered another one slighty bigger.One slimmer to tuck in, another more comfy to be weared untucked.Considering also that they will age and loose colour naturally isn't so strange to buy more than one, I'm with you
I've just received my order, paid 34€ of duties. I've ordered an Ivy Chambray NY Fit in size M for me and a Tokyo Fit Oxford for a friend, I will take some pics with a BB ESF Oxford comparision and I will post them later. I tried on the chambray and I am very happy, it is very nice, very slim and tapered, Just for curiosity I noticed that: -Spare buttons aren't supplied, it's this the standard? -I have the fifth button marked "400 Madison" and all the others are plain...
Yas, the picture show dainite, but good to know I think that double leather look better.They are essentially both stormwelt, but one has a squared top edge, the other a rounded edge, just a little detail.Shoe Healer call this kind of stormwelt "barbour welt" in their trickers custom options list (Barbour is the name of a big manufacturer in England CLICK HERE)However I mean the opposite and I have edited my post, sorry for confusion so...The BB boots have a classic Storm...
Last: BB is 240, CJ 341Welt: BB have Storm Welt, CJ Barbour Rounded Storm WeltSole: BB Dainite or double leather, CJ Double Leather