or Connect

Posts by alexSF

I remember some events in the past with a code especially for sample sale items (and here sample sale items are returnable)
Happy New Year to you too! Here some pics, taken after a quick care process (Saphir MdO Lotion, Dark Brown Cream on Uppers/Welt, Black Cream on Toe/Heel)Here four pics of the minor defects I've found:Right shoe: ugly welt finish, a large tear in the lining (that I glued down with Vinavil, now invisible)Left shoe: doubled welt stitch in the toe (annyoing, but I've cutted the thread excess and covered with cream), cracked buckle (this could be a problem but I hope it will...
For sale is a pair of YMC Navy Selvedge Chinos, Size 34, Worn Once last summer, Like New Conditions. Perfect for a relaxed summer look / nautical ensemble. I've lost a lot of weight and they are definitely too big for me now. They're unaltered except for leg length, it was shortened 1,5" Waist: cm 45,5 Thigh: cm 35 Leg: cm 103 Inseam: cm 74 (Consider the Long back rise) Hem: cm 21,5 Price is: 40 € - Worldwide Shipping Included with trackable Registered Mail Payment...
I've received today a pair of Loake Cannon in size Uk 8 and the fit it's perfect, many thanks for your help.This model looks definitely nicer in person than web pics.General finishing (welt etc.) it's questionable but overall they are a well built shoe.Now they need a good polishing and antiquing job, I will post some pics soon.
Alain M-65, Michelangelo Herringbone Jacket, Polo RL Cardigan, Rugby RL OCBD, Albam Regular Leg, Loake Boots.
Yes, I was talking about the F width, G width would be far too big for me.The point is that 8,5 is actually pretty long on me, and as I understand Capital is slightly longer than 026 (http://www.styleforum.net/t/330233/chukka-decision-loake-kempton-or-pimlico/10_10#post_6055435)I think I will try the 8 before, hoping it will fit, Thanks for your help.
Someone could confirm that Capital Last runs half size bigger than 026 last, as I've read here on the past? I'm a uk 8,5 in the 026 with a confortable/loose fit, I am an 8 in the capital, right? thanks in advance. P.S: X-posted from the shoe-care thread, a patina that I did for a friend on his 1880 Berkely, process details HERE
A friend asked me if I can do anything to change the sad toneless uniformity of the Loake Dark brown (Berkeley model 1880 line), this is the result, just finished: A cheap looking brogue without any character is now a very attractive shoes, the original leather colour was a chocolate brown without any undertone or burnishing, so I've tried to enhance the contrast brown/black. I've used: Renomat and Acetone to strip the colour of the uppers except the broguering areas...
HOLIDAYGIFT15 - 15% off until 18/12