or Connect

Posts by alexSF

They are Cheaney, probably 175 last
The pattern is based on Alfred Sargent Dumfries but last seem different, I am not an expert about AS so I can't help sorry
They're Alfred Sargent
They used to write "dark brown cordovan" on the box, on the recent pairs I've seen only "dark brown" Anyway the pair pictured is cleary shell.
This is my experience, as Lauren said Us D is certainly narrower than Uk E.But fit can vary from case to case.
Us D is more likely to be a Uk D because insole is marked with a "4" so narrower than the insole of Uk E marked with a "5".So seem they use a single scale for width (like Edward green) and two scales for lenght (uk/us)It is pretty confusing and what they said sometimes don't correspond to buyers experience
It doesn't look like a problem of tried on shoes but a problem of the overlapping between layers: toe stiffener, lining, vamp/cap toe leather. This could happen with factory made shoes where layers aren't perfectly skived.
Many thanks, very helpful
Many thanks for your thoughts, (However it is made on 363 last not 337) So you wear the same size in cavendish and vincent and you suggest to take the same size? Do you have some comparision pictures? Thanks in advance
EG G width is available only MTO, never heard of a retailer that stock it and it's very hard to find used or on ebayso unfortunately you are almost obliged to try F width before and it would be a good start.Ime EG F isn't so wide but depends on last/pattern.