or Connect

Posts by todds

Yeah, I went and tried on a pair today and confirmed my fears, fits great everywhere except for my toes. I tried several sizes and widths from 10.5EEE, 11E and EEE, 11.5 D and E. None of them were quite "right" The wider ones fit better lengthwise and toe-wise but my heel slid around sideways and the others fit my heel and rest of my foot perfectly and gave my toes that characteristic pinch. I went ahead and ordered a pair in 11E, which was the closest to any kind of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Matt Deckard The footbed is special order like the Rendenbach soles and the use of the #1 last. The ones off the shelf have a regular leather footbed and are done on the #5 last. I like these a lot but I have essentially duck feet with wide toes, would they build more on that #1 last as a special order like yours? That'd be a shame, cuz it just might be a one shot deal.
Lol, hobnails sound about right for the age of these boots ;-) I guess I'll forego the carving of notches and just slip around, maybe reserve these for the merely frozen days and not the snowy and frozen days. I don't really want to add commando soles to these boots, they're almost antiques and a pair of thick wool socks, antique boots and leather soles seems to be the appropriate combo as-is. I guess I ought to think about buying some deep snow boots to supplant...
I have a pair of old leather work boots with leather soles and heels from a bygone era that I wear in the winter. Most of my other shoes have leather soles too, however they all have at least a rubber heel. The combination of a leather heel and a hard worn leather sole is damn slippery on the snow in the winter here in Boston. I'm sort of used to it, but I'd rather that my boots got at least slightly better traction than my regular shoes. I realize that leather is not...