or Connect

Posts by romafan

Oh, Lapo!
Billy Miller, Curator and Historian of Fringe Music, Dies at 62 By WILLIAM GRIMESNOV. 14, 2016 Continue reading the main storyShare This Page Share Tweet Email More Save Photo Billy Miller of Norton Records, photographed at his home in Brooklyn in 2013. Credit Eilon Paz Billy Miller, a rock ā€™nā€™ roll archivist and collector whose record label, Norton, gave new life to forgotten rockabilly artists and garage bands of yesteryear, died on Sunday at his home in Brooklyn. He...
Five days might be a little long on Capri if you are the active type of tourist. You could take a day to go over to the coast (but set up a driver) to see some of the towns and hike the Path of the Gods. Tiberius' palace, VIlla Jovis; a trip over to Anacapri to see Axel Munthe's Villa St. Michelle & go up Mount Solaro; and some other sights could take up a couple of days. I know people who have hired a boat and had a good afternoon exploring the many coves and grottos. ...
We've stayed at the Grande Vesuvio and the nice one next door (Excelsior?) in Naples, and the Excelsior Vittorio in Sorrento - all very nice 'old world' hotels. To be honest, I'd pick Capri (or one of the Almalfi coast towns) over Sorrento as a home base. Sorrento is a good central locations for excursions, but I wasn't charmed by the city itself. The Punta Tragara on Capri is very nice and a little off the beaten track.
Another vote for Napoli. Capri is close and it would not be pazzo like the high season - if you want a more mellow island scene then Procida is right there - another possibility (very mellow but amazing) are the Aeolians, but you'd have a 5-6 hr ferry ride, although I'm not sure when start service (June?)
This thread is tottering on its last legs - c'mon guys, we just had a pretty good CL/Europa round! Who saw the opening Fenerbahce goal against ManU? https://youtu.be/NUWc7ZY6Up4?t=91
You know Pandev is back from Turkey and playing for Genoa now, right?* Sorry, I may be thinking of ambulancechaser as the macedonian?
IMO a realy fantastic show. Story line, characters, action, scenery, photography, music - it's got it all. It was on Sundance earlier this fall...
I thought he was a putz ever since the Maxi Lopez incident - maybe I am not the only one.... https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1986708/maxi-lopez-reportedly-approached-by-mafia-with-offer-of-ending-mauro-icardis-football-career-after-bitter-wanda-nara-affair/