or Connect

Posts by romafan

oops - thought this was the labelking fall (band) thread....
the Sunday is Feb 26! I'm getting a haircut that day
Sunday is hockey night (along w/ Monday, Wednesday & Saturday)
I wonder if this is really his form of spin/damage control? Just keep bumping stuff off the front page by leaking another crazy story The RFK jr thing kind of makes sense - people say young Baron is autistic....
I get a tan newsletter (LongCasts) but am pretty sure it is from state TU. I don't think I'm still a city member - is it a separate membership?
I know what you mean...we were in down in Islamorada 15 yrs ago and the whatever event got cancelled so decided do a half day of bonefishing. Howling wind and could not even get decent cast w/ the 11 wt the guide handed to me - we ended up using spinning rods w/ shrimp. Caught a couple "small ones" - barley worth our time, according to the guide. I said they may have been small, but there was no way you'd ever strip one of them in - he grinned and said yeah, better make...
Permit pix please! One time we had a ton of stuff that I put in the trunk of a cab - the last item was a rod tube (winston 4 wt). We raced to our pickup spot where a van was waiting w/ all kinds of intervening distractions - made it in the nick of time, hopped out, unloaded all the stuff out of the cab and into the van and roared off - about 10 minutes later I realized the rod tube never came out of the trunk...
Nice looking shirt! What is the marked size? What is the fabric? Is it brushed cotton? Linen?
We had a family friend who had a real "appetite" for living: WS litigator, big flyfisherman, gourmand who loved to eat/drink. 'Let's have some oysters' meant 2 dozen (for him); 'I'll open some wine' saw him uncorking 3 or 4 bottles; a little snack was a 1/2 lb slab of foie gras - he was 300+ and everyone worried except him. He made it to 68 and went out on a fishing trip to New Zealand - spent the day catching huge fish in a beautiful setting and then keeled over over...
Oh, Lapo!