or Connect

Posts by romafan

Non-Baller question: our Acura MDX is a year old and we just got a notice that our navigation system is 'ready for a map update'. Do people do this or is it a BS service (like an extended warranty offer)? We do use it now and then when we're out of town in unfamiliar places
it is a sacred godgiven constitutional right, that's how! i'd think a gun nut would jump, not balk, at this relative bargain. folks elect to pay upwards of 5G/yr to avoid rding the bus - surely no 2nd amendmenter worth his armorpiercing ammo is going to blink at an adminstrative fee less than $2/day to pack heat - you pay more to read the newspaper...
sorry but $660/yr is not prohibitively expensive, in fact it strikes me as relative bargain - park a car anywhere and you are spending many X that
I believe so....although now that i think about it, maybe spring bears ARE good, because they are eating mostly plants and have not started consuming carrion yet...
I've heard bears caught in the spring are not good eatingOn North Woods Law (Animal Planet show my kids like) all the Maine trailer folks love moose
i love dogs (all animals, really) but i don't think you should move into a non-dog building and then pull the 'my doctor says i need emotional support' routine (and cost the building $$$ in the process)
this woman had the right answer (I'm deaf) but i laughed b/c she obviously heard the question posed by the manager. i thought maybe she read lips so i looked down at her dog (so she couldn't see mine) and said to it 'well you must have good hearing but how is your english?" the dog barked at me and the woman said that he alerts her when someone has 'attitude'
What's the poop on service dogs? Not seeing-eye dogs, but the little yappers that that outwardly healthy appearing people (mostly women) claim they need to help them? This woman and her little dog (pug) was making a complete nuisance of herself in the B&N magazine racks w/ one of those extendo leashes. A manager came over and told her dogs were only allowed on the 1st floor and she indignantly replied that it was a service dog. He stared her down for a second and she...
Believe it or not, this effort represents a mighty struggle and marks a major victory against the forces of the Robot Menace!
As much as I appreciate the conscientious cyclist, I'm starting to think that there really is no place for them on the regular roadways. It is a difficult, dangerous tango with drivers and pedestrians - throw in bicycles and things start to go off the tracks. It is tough enough watching out for moron pedestrians/drivers - making a left turn you need to navigate the texters/old folks/miscreants dawdling through the crosswalk AND keep your eye on bikers coming up behind...