or Connect

Posts by konoyaro

If the ring is from sweat and body oil from recent wear try some mild, preferably clear and relatively unscented shampoo on the collar stain. Baby shampoo will work for this method too. Wet the collar where the stain is, work in a small amount of the shampoo along the stain with your finger or a soft bristle toothbrush that you're no longer using. Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb then wet your finger or brush and agitate gently again. Wash the shirt in the laundry as...
I've only tried the wool socks but they are quite nice. They are on the thick side so consider that when buying as they may affect the fit if you're used to wearing thinner socks. For example, Polo and Pantherella dress socks run much thinner than AE.With that in mind, $5 for a quality pair of made in the US socks is a pretty good deal.
The Elgin fits about the same as the McTavish.
Thanks for the feedback, DJTraveler.
Looking for some sizing info on the Parkaway. I'm looking at picking up a pair online and will not be able to try them on before purchasing. My experience with other AE shoes is as follows: • McClain US 12B (8-108 last) one of the best fitting from AE • Vinci 12B (last unknown) pretty close to the McClain in fit • McTavish in US 12B (5-65 last) a bit too big. I should have gotten an 11.5B instead • San Marco US 12B (2-22 last) awkward fit as it pinches my left little toe...
Thank you for providing the additional info, Joachim!
Thanks konadog! They are great shoes - if only my feet were wider...
I have for sale a beautiful pair of Tricker's brogue wingtips in tan suede with brick red soles. The shoe is marked inside as 11.5. however the fit is akin to a US 12, which I normally wear. The shoe runs wide for me which is why I'm selling them. I usually wear an A or B width and unfortunately these won't work with my narrow feet. The shoes have been worn about 4 times or so around the house and office. They are in excellent condition. Shoe trees were removed while...
Another alternative to consider if they have your size, would be to pick a pair up from Amazon. The Elgin is currently $175.20 there with the SIZE2OI2 coupon applied.
Those are both very different styles and movements. That JLC is a quartz and the Montblanc is automatic... If you have a list of "must haves" for the price range (