or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Mr. Clean

Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai Do you know where this is? It's a beautiful picture.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenHero Has anyone lived in Munich? Is it as great as it looks? I was surprised it wasn't more alpha. Depends what you are looking for. It is a good place to live, but it is also a fairly small city and certainly in a much different, lower league.
Quote: Originally Posted by NameBack Already started, if my FB feed is any indication. Started with the Canucks, wonder how long until my American friends pick it up. Is there any specific reason this is gaining attention right now? The article in the OP is about three or four years old and so is the inital press release by UofA. As you already summarized, it seems that the results since then have had mixed results. Anything new recently?
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 You said that the SS was not "generally involved" in the crimes against humanity. This is absolutely wrong. Where did you learn this? Google "Waffen SS holocaust" and you will find some credible sources that say the SS was the leader of many of the crimes. Quote: Originally Posted by imatlas Hell just google Babi Yar. It really is a mere technicality and of no importance to...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 Wrong on all counts. You are right, the auxilliary unit he was part of was, it seems, actually considered part of the SS. The other statements are correct, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by 83glt How can anyone be for or against something they have no personal knowledge of? I say before any of us can say yes or no we ought to try it. Who's going first? Requiring personal knowledge or experience as a prerequisite to form an opinion about something is absurd. Of course we are entitled and in fact must form opinions about issues we have no first-hand experience with.
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 Waffen SS officer =/ Wehrmacht "peon" foot soldier. To be clear, according to the evidence Demjanjuk was not a member of the SS and certainly not an officer. Furthermore, the Waffen SS was a military force not generally involved in the Holocaust.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Why the Bush people did it is less important than the character of the act itself. Krugman is just a prosecutor piling on. His discussion of motive is not an attempt to understand but to condemn. Ok, I agree with this assessment. Quote: Originally Posted by Manton FWIW, there is a way in which I think he is partly right though I doubt I will ever spell that out. Well, if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton [...]since the veracity Krugman's claim depends on him being able read minds, how can you possibly know it's true? Krugman's claims are not based on mind reading but rather on observations regarding the individuals' actions and statements. I see your argument here as problematic, since it seems to imply that we can never be allowed to make an assessment of another person's motivation. Instead, wouldn't it be...
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe Venezuela or cuba sends agents to to kill Posada. Wait, kill whom? Why?
New Posts  All Forums: