or Connect

Posts by Mr. Clean

Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 Did you read the article? Coronal mass ejections are quite frequent, especially during phases of increased solar activity (which we are entering now). I think it's a safe to say that another will hit in our lifetime. That's a NASA endorsed bet. I don't think it is safe to say at all, but yes eventually there will be another event like this. What I see as unlikely to the point of being negligible are...
Quote: Originally Posted by vaalbara Climate change as a whole is generally accepted by the scientific community - it's "global warming" caused by humans that's 'controversial'. In the scientific community there is no controversy of any significance about whether human activities are responsible for the bulk of the recent warming. What is debated are predictions about future temperature increases as well as specific consequences of climate...
I'm not going to lose any sleep over this scenario. The likelyhood of this happening is negligible.
AFB, you arguments imply that there is but one generally accepted definition of life. That is not the case. Neither is it true that there is no discussion outside of religion about when "life" begins, even if it is largely semantics. Furthermore, as far as I know, the abortion debate is generally centered on personhood not "life". The question is not what constitutes "life" or even a separate organism, but what a person is.
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn Never had raw milk, don't care, but if someone wants to drink it fine. If someone wants to have abortions, marry others of the same sex, not wear seat belts and go flying through the windshield, pot-smoke themselves into a permanent stupor, whatever. No, not whatever. Very few things individuals bring upon themselves have no consequences for others. The freedom of individuals to make choices needs to be...
How's you training going? If you are a beginner, running 5 times a week sounds like a lot. Keep in mind that running can be really hard on your body. Take it easy! I've been combing the two for about half a year now. Results are as follows: Quote: Originally Posted by TrH Your run times will improve.
Quote: "Once Iraq becomes a very rich and prosperous country ... we would hope that some consideration be given to repaying the United States some of the mega-dollars that we have spent here in the last eight years," said Rohrabacher, according to the Agence France-Presse news agency. Given this condition and given that it, realistically, will happen around the same time hell freezes over, I don't think we need to expend too much effort considering...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan So I guess most of you agree then that the State should determine which pets the citizenry should have? Not which they should have, but which they can have.
Quote: Originally Posted by Canal Directo Radar detection in water, at 10,000 feet deep no less?!!1!! LULZ I think this might have been an oversight by shah. Warren talks about sonar in the interview, IIRC. The undertaking is still absurd, of course.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque You recently seem to have taken a liking to posting this link. I'm sure you are aware that pointing out hypocrisy or questioning the moral standing of groups themselves guilty of what they are criticizing is not a logical fallacy.