or Connect

Posts by Mr. Clean

Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta also this is the front of the house, landlord planted the colorful plants. What's the colorful tree?
Quote: Originally Posted by Matt Art of Manliness is running a great series on rhetoric that I have really enjoyed. It just put out its latest article on it today. Give it a read... +1 Good website overall with quite a few interesting reads. If you are interesed in the methods of argument on an introductory level, you may want to check out The Philosopher’s Toolkit by Julian Baggini. It's very extensive in its coverage of various concepts,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Women get multiple orgasms. Women = win. Sure, but we can make up for it with a more steady effort.
Quote: Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere! Are you questioning the American sartorial titan? Wait, isn't he Canadian? You can see him here "supporting" the troops in Afghanistan: Prior to this picture, I had thought the charming tradition of signing ordnance lost with the end of the Vietnam War. Good to see Don upholding this tradition. Nothing like wishing your enemy the worst with a permanent marker.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mac Always over-dress. They'll appreciate the effort you put into dressing well, and therefore take your application much more seriously. You might also be remembered as the "guy wearing the suit""”which can never be a bad thing. Quote: Originally Posted by imschatz I interviewed with a Government environment ministry last summer. I wore a suit, and they were in cargo pants and golf shirts. They...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Okay, I'm about to give you one of Piob's pieces of advice to run your life by. [...] Also, no one respects the idiot with everything from a gum ball machine to a collage of cut out magazine pictures on his wall. That guy is going to wish he'd followed Piob's advice within his first year of hire. +1 I keep two personal items at my desk, keys and wallet. I take them home at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibonius [...] there's really no reason to go attacking religion. It won't accomplish anything. Gibonius, people attack religion because they believe it to be a harmful ideology. Whether or not these attacks accomplish anything, the rhetorical struggle between different believe systems should be familiar to you. Quote: Originally Posted by Gibonius Why thou throw wtf? Do we actually think any...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tck13 The argument by theists or creationists always seems to be that Pol Pot, Stalin, etc... have done more damage in the name of Atheism. As pointed out before, this is an unsound argument, since atheism is not an ideology or belief system. Thus, it cannot be argued that people do much anything in the "name" of atheism. A potentially working argument could be that the absence of religion as a shaping force for...
The people here advocating the coupon use got to be kidding. I cannot for the life of me imagine how this would make you look like anything but a complete weirdo. Quote: Originally Posted by mkarim Yes and if she wants everything to be perfect on the first date she will want everything perfect every time. She would be living her fairy tale through you. This is a serious misjudgement in my opinion. The related "just be yourself" attitude...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Herbert One thing i cant get my head around [...] [[SPOILER]] But then, what do I know? It's ballet.