or Connect

Posts by Mr. Clean

Quote: Originally Posted by JMRouse Here's the deal. Most religious text were written a long time ago and were not in line with modern sensibility. That's a good and, I think generally valid point, however I am not sure how much of an explanation it provides for this specific question. Historically, attitudes towards homosexuality varied considerably between different cultures and during different times. As far as I know, condemnation of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by CouttsClient It is a listing photo from an estate that is for sale in Ireland called Lyons Demense. Absolutely gorgeous place Thanks. Much appreciated.
Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai Do you know where this is? It's a beautiful picture.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenHero Has anyone lived in Munich? Is it as great as it looks? I was surprised it wasn't more alpha. Depends what you are looking for. It is a good place to live, but it is also a fairly small city and certainly in a much different, lower league.
Quote: Originally Posted by Qubaduck Another +1 for Germany... I've heard from my German girlfriend that it's pretty taboo to show any nationalist spirit, unless there's a major event going on. Apparently the only folks who do tend to be the extreme right wing types. This.
Quote: There's lots of wisdom in them there religious books! Quote: Originally Posted by HgaleK Treat other dudes well and be charitable without seeking compensation? That's a great thing to do, but I have never understood why this trivial advice is regarded as "lots of wisdom". The bible and most other ancient religious texts are full of, by our standards, heinous things and also contain a few moral prescriptions that...
Quote: Originally Posted by yjeezle Why do I recommend golf? Because if you play and you're semi-decent, you will get invited to go play golf. You will also play rounds at prestige courses. FOR FREE. You will get the respect of your managers/higher-ups if they are playing with you and you may get that promotion faster. Playing golf is a great way to schmooze (really the only life skill one needs) That's good advice. I don't play golf,...
I don't pray, I'm an atheist.
Quote: Originally Posted by Digmenow 150 lbs between the two of us. 100 for me and 50 for her. Impressive. Great work!