Posts by Krish the Fish

I too really like EOTechs. I have a basic 512 on my first AR build, my brother has the HHS II also and really likes it, and he got me the 300 BLK XPS2 for the build that I currently have waiting in NFA limbo. By NFA Tracker's predictions, I should hear back by the end of this month with a tax stamp to proceed
Yeah my girlfriend and I have been talking about doing a true "spring cleaning" and just getting rid of anything in our closets that we either don't wear or are keeping for no reason. She did her purge today and had a ton of stuff that she is getting rid of, and says she feels a ton better. I have a lot of stuff that I don't need or even wear, and a lot of it still has tags on it. Contemplating just sending it all to LuxeSwap at the end of the semester when I'm back home...
Had a late night dinner at the bar of a steakhouse in town. Had a pour each of M10, Elliott's, and Booker's Rye. Booker's Rye is the real deal, and M10 was excellent, as usual. Elliott's was spicy and okay, but I felt was the weakest link of the three.
One of my favorite purchases of 2016 actually came in 2017. Been looking for a pair of tobacco suede shoes (boots ideally) for a while, but nothing really popped up. Was considering doing an MTO with Edward Green either through Leffot or direct since I'll be in London in the summer for either a Galway or their Chelsea boot. Ended up seeing a pair of Lobb Jodhpurs on sale at Mr Porter and bought them. They're exactly what I wanted, a casual boot to wear often, and they'll...
I think the biggest thing was that we weren't sure whether it was supposed to taste that way (or whether it was turned/bad/etc.). So we were approaching it with a bit of apprehension. Maybe the experience with the second bottle will be improved since we know what to expect (at least if it was stored similarly to the other). Thanks Manton!
Had a bottle of 1992 Dom Perignon for New Years. GF's dad bought it for her at auction, so we were unsure of its storage throughout the years. Flavors were nutty/toasty, with a distinct bleu cheese smell (and taste on the finish). We have another bottle too, but unsure as to whether we really liked it or not. It was interesting for sure, but I don't know if we would drink in a one-on-one setting (and would really only open it with a group setting, as we did with this...
I'm going to a black tie "suggested" gala on NYE, so as one would expect, I will be wearing black tie. Unsure on shoe choice, I got a pair of patent EG opera pumps for my black tie ensemble but my girlfriend wants me to wear my monogrammed Foster cashmere slippers
In the process of putting in an offer on a house (which we ended up pulling once the counter came back) I was looking into grills for the extended outdoor entertaining space we would have. I prefer charcoal but also want a smoker so I think I may be able to get away with getting a propane grill for the lady and get myself a charcoal-based smoker. I don't want to go Cookshack level quite yet, not at least until I get proficient with the basics on a Kamado or a WSM or...
I can account for 5 cases
He lives! What's the cigar? None for me for Christmas weekend unfortunately. Got a cold kicking my ass