or Connect

Posts by Krish the Fish

Tonight's wine: La Rioja Alta ViƱa Alberdi Reserva 2009
I don't want a man cave but I do want a separated portion of the house in which I can smoke cigars and entertain, and not expose any future children to smoke, etc. permeating throughout the house. My gf is fully down with this idea. I was thinking a small room or a finished garage or something, but she suggested for our next house having a separate HVAC system for the basement with a wet bar, entertainment area with TVs and table games, etc. with an exhaust system and...
I've been trying to learn more about wine recently. Picked up a couple bottles that I usually wouldn't (Cotes du Rhone, Granacha, Rioja and a Bordeaux) and bought a couple books to learn more about them. Any tips on good books or things to do when trying to learn more about wine other than drink more (and drink more conscientiously)? I'm all ears. The books I have are Wine Folly, Wine Bible, and Sommelier Prep Course
Kirby, what's the word on the Dressing Valet (non-deluxe)? Does it come as seen on the website, or is it made to order so options are available? And does it ship pre-assembled? How does payment for it work, pay all upfront or 50% down and then 50% at ship (if it's made to order). I have some extra space in my bedroom at my house for med school and I was thinking about what to fill that space with. The valet came to mind so I thought I'd ask
Don't take my word for gospel, but that's how it was a year or so ago. Don't know if they changed their policies or if it is dependent on the brand/etc., but just wanted to let you know my experience
That looks really good DWW. One of those things that I never knew I needed until I saw it. I assume you got the fabric from Drake's and had Ascot Chang make it up?
It should be super easy to replace the lining of your jacket, and honestly if you went to the right tailor for it you could probably get a better/more breathable lining put in.I say if the store has a return policy, you have nothing to lose trying the jacket. Might be exactly the right weight and be significantly lighter than the suede 5 zip. The suede RLPL bomber that I posted about a week or so ago was what I got to wear for midwest spring and fall, and it's the perfect...
I believe Barney's online does their shoe sizing in US sizes. During one of the sale glitches they had, I tried to order a pair of Lobbs in a 9 thinking it would be tagged size, but when I talked to their online support, they confirmed it was US sizing.
Lightweight (lamb or the like) suede jackets would be perfect for Caribbean winters. I just got a suede jacket in that would not be too heavy or hot to wear in the fall or spring up north, so I figure they'd be fine in the winter down south
I'm not a fan of the Davidoff Nicaragua either. I prefer their other lines (haven't had the Chef series or the Yamasa or any of the new releases). I hate when reps do that kind of shit though. It makes me less likely to believe what you say when you're constantly telling me your shit is so much better than either something I truly enjoy smoking or something that I know I like. Tell me it's good, tell me what it smokes similarly to, and let me decide how I feel about it...