or Connect

Posts by Krish the Fish

I would wear this gunclub I had made up with denim. If it wasn't already fall I would be already. Haven't yet had time to take it to my tailor to get the sleeves done:
Caldwell Anastasia is excellent. Just had one today. Picked it up at The Party Source on my way down to school. I also very much enjoy the L'Atelier Côte d'Or La Tache. I know I've talked about both on this thread but both are IMO the best NC cigars of the past few years
That Vina Tondonia from Lopez is one of my favorite Riojas. And I've been on tobacco brown kick as well (contemplating a suit for S/S, an EG MTO in tobacco suede, and just bought a bomber jacket from RLPL in tobacco brown suede). Looks good!I would be in for 3.5 meters
That's awesome, I love Slowboy's work. Even have a piece I commissioned from him hanging in my living room
^Awesome thanks! FWIW, when I go to their home page it says the shipping window is now open. Glad to hear I don't need to do anything (unless I want them to hold off on shipping). Piob's posts about the Certified exam gave me something new to look at, and I think the tastings and bookwork behind the Certified Sommelier exam is exactly what I was looking for to learn more about wine. I've begun printing out the tasting profiles from the handbook whenever I open a bottle of...
How does shipping work for FP? I have a case worth of wine that is "ready for pickup/shipment", and what looks like another case of wine that's allocated and will be ready to be shipped soon. Do they just ship it when I have a case ready to go, and they charge me? Or do they wait for me to email them about shipping? I just want to know if I have to let them know to ship
I think someone else like P4, jet or Torsion might be better equipped to answer that question but I've had some with a moderate amount of age on them of both (5 or fewer years, so barely aged) and they were good. That's just anecdotal. Some people online seem to think that heavier bodied cigars tend to age better, as the "body" mellows out as the cigar ages, but I've had older Montecristos (have a 97 especial in my humidor still) that were great after 10 years or so of...
Buy a lot more than you smoke. And buy what you like. Two things that will net you the results you want. I have some Cohiba Robustos that have been in my humidor for a couple (5 or so) years. Also have some 2005s still left. Have some 2005s Lanceros and 2001 Lanceros as well. I think my Esplendidos are 09s but I lost the outer box so I can't remember now. Basically I ended up buying them at a pace that was faster than I was smoking. I'd also buy cigars at my local cigar...
That makes a ton of sense actually. Great points. Thank you!
I have a pair of Formosa trousers made in Fox Bros. oatmeal flannel, and NMWA has a run of the fabric in stock right now (unsure if it's the same run of fabric or different), so I purchased 2.5m to have made up as a DB jacket. Is there a concern that the jacket fabric will look markedly different from the trousers, should I not worry about it until the fabric is in hand so I can compare to the trousers, or am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill/should I just get...