Posts by Krish the Fish

My girlfriend and the women in her family love Pinot Noir (and especially Oregon ones), so I put in for a case as well. Price was hard to beat, but I've noticed that I'm more than willing to get a case of wine from FP on a whim but if I go to a store/order elsewhere I'm much more hesitant. No idea what that's about
Good choice on the Baracchi O'Lillo. Stayed at the property a couple years ago for a wedding, and their wine is fantastic (the food at the restaurant there is excellent as well). Always thinking I need to order more, but still have a couple bottles of the Sangiovese and Merlot (I believe).
At first glance from the message preview on mobile, I thought you guys were talking about the cashmere LBM coats... I have the DB camel-tone cashmere one and am having a hard time saying no to the navy SB one
I ordered the green Jamieson's fair isle sweater for Thanksgiving that's arriving early this week. I feel like this is around the time every year that I start buying knits for the winter.
Ah my condolences on the Canadian prices. That's rough. I'm living in the bourbon motherland right now, so my prices are low, low, low, and the opportunities to purchase things is much higher than it is at home when I'm not at school. I got shafted on Weller 12 and got a 1.75L bottle for $90 (11% tax didn't help, but price is still absurd), but it was the first W12 I've had that wasn't at a bar. When I was getting my master's degree here two years ago, OWA was on the...
What Greg said. I have 4 of them from the most recent orders, and I went with my same size as my shirts. I love them. The best polos I've owned. The length is great for me (even post wash) because I can wear them untucked with jeans or tucked in with trousers if I am wearing them to class (dress code). Cold wash/hang dry per Greg's instructions minimized the length shrinkage, and they wrinkle minimally (for me at least) so I have yet to actually iron them after a wash...
[[SPOILER]] Weller Special Reserve is their 90 proof entry-level offering. Inexpensive and great for making cocktails/mixing, but imo not ideal for drinking neat.Old Weller Antique (107) is their higher proof offering, and supposed to be a shelf staple. Very good, especially for the retail price (mid $20s), but not the nectar of the gods. Still, very good. Before it was difficult to find, I'd always have a couple bottles on hand.Weller 12 is their older 12 year 90 proof...
My coast denim from John Elliott is a faded selvage denim.
The only reasoning that would make sense would be that big $$ boosters said the coach had to go or the gravy train stops.
What a day for college football. It will be interesting to see how the Big Ten East works itself out. As an alum, I only hope that Ohio State wins out and gets some help from Michigan State (not even going to put that kind of pressure on Rutgers) to beat Penn State to get the Buckeyes into the B1G championship game. If we can take care of business at East Lansing, against Michigan, and then (hopefully if the stars align) in a rematch against Wisconsin, we'll be in prime...