or Connect

Posts by Krish the Fish

Eh boy. So it begins
Yes. It looks like you can bring back any amount you bought anywhere. Declaring is the same as declaring anything else (certain amount you can bring back before duties are levied, etc.).IANAL but it seems that is the way it reads.I defer to you and your knowledge regarding Habanos SA and the machinations of it, so now I am very curious. I have two full humidors right now so I'm not in a place to consider putting away any more, but if we move I may be adding an Aristocrat...
Shelf life of what? The cigars will be good indefinitely, so long as the seal is good. The more you open it, the more the humidity escapes, and the more frequently you'll have to replace the Boveda pack. Tupperware is food safe, so I assume it's not going to do anything to your cigars. There are guys out there that only use tupperware to store their cigars. I don't, and hell I haven't had cigars in tupperware at all (except for when I was buying cigars to fill a humidor as...
Boxes? Order some humidification beads and grab a cooler. Put the beads in the cooler with the cigars. Make sure it's shut. Singles? I'd say just grab a Boveda pack at one of your local cigar shops, and put the cigars and the boveda pack in a sealed tupperware container
Honestly I don't believe anything is going to happen to the market regarding quality and price... For now. As long as there is a restriction that it has to be from travel, and normal duty rates apply on importing them, the numbers that come in that way will be low. Higher than they are currently, but still low. This may be a good time for Habanos to increase production (if this is even possible. I have been privy to speculative discussions about Habanos production, and how...
If camel includes tobacco, I'm in! [[SPOILER]]
Here's a quote from the Treasury Dept's press release:
Well, it's in progress. My main store, the one I was going to camp out at, ended up pre-selling everything over the phone, even though they told me for the past 3 months that they're going to do first-come, first-serve for it. So that was cool (aka I ended up with nada). I staked out store #2 today and got myself a Sazerac 18 for my trouble. And store #3 is releasing theirs at 8 AM tomorrow, so I'll have another early morning tomorrow to get there before they open at 7 to...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/10/14/obama-cuba-regulations-expands-trade-travel-rum-cigars/92042662/ Obama lifting travel restrictions for bringing back Cuban cigars and rum. Buying online still illegal (and therefore untaxed).
Tomorrow's BTAC day, so in the name of democracy, I'll be on my way to my store around 3 AM tonight to be there until the truck comes in in the morning. I've been burned on both ways (waiting at stores that keep everything for their good clients and being a good client at a store that gives things out either first-come or by lottery), so I guess this is the best chance I have of getting anything.