or Connect

Posts by phxlawstudent

No. I don't even live in NY.
I've got a size 7E Brown leather AE Malvern for sale and Blue stripe Canali tie 3.5" width
I've never gone so far into the pinch test as to try to discern two layers of canvassing (I'm honestly not entirely sure what two layers of canvas proves or shows. AFAIK it could be a different level of full canvas construction, but I don't know one way or the other). What your searching for isn't whether there is a second layer of canvas or not, but whether the fabric you are able to separate from the floating chest piece (if you can) is backed with a fusible material or...
Your interpretation and execution of the pinch test is questionable. Your looking for one of three possibilities: 1) easy separation from the inner canvas and nothing in between the fabric you have pinched. Should feel like the sleeves. 2) easy separation from the inner canvas, but fusible in between your fingers. Does not feel like fabric rubbing against fabric. 3) No or hard separation from the canvas. As you have probably surmised, 1 is full canvas with no fusible...
Which half canvassed pieces were you pinch testing? The only ones I know of that Nordy's sells is Burberry & HSM Gold Trumpeter, haven't seen the GT at my local store, only the white tag. Can't remember if those were half or not. Brooks Brothers mainline suits are a pretty good example of half canvassing IIRC. Honestly, I don't think 99.5% of the people out there will be able to tell whether your suit is half canvas or full. Thus, if you would rather save some cash, why...
Why would you want to look any further than AE seconds for value for your dollar? Sure you can get a shoe with a very noticeable flaw, but you can return it and try again until you get one that works for you.
That's what I own, although to be honest the toes are too tight for me. Don't really like the fit for some reason. If I had more money I'd get a different shoe.
If money was no object, I wouldn't hesitate going MTM over OTR. I doubt you will be overwhelmed with the options, but some of the tiny details may have you thinking about them for a while. Stuff such as which buttons you want, whether you want a peak lapel (you probably don't unless you want to be fashion forward), how many vents, etc. They should be able to advise you on the practical differences in the number of vents, why a ticket pocket is just decoration (unless you...
Since your on a time limit, find out what the JAB sale is and if its 50% off for only one item, just go with them. Otherwise, try and find a Rack or Last Call and buy a navy/charcoal suit that fits you the best. There are also thrift store options. Honestly though, since your on a time limit, buy the suit that fits you the best and doesn't break your bank. You'll probably end up donating the suit sooner rather than later if you spend enough time on these forums, but if...
It's really slim, but as has been said, that's the style these days. You certainly could have done much worse. Bunching in the pits can probably be reduced by increasing the chest measurement.