or Connect

Posts by phxlawstudent

Quote: Originally Posted by SanktDave Would you agree that there is a bias towards slimfit shirts? Would you consider this shirt to be too billowing excluding the fact that the shoulder seam is correctly fitted. http://www.ivy-style.com/wp-content/...08/11/fred.jpg Not being in touch with pop culture and high fashion, I cannot agree or disagree. No. Not enough information to tell one way or the other. But judging just by the picture...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball You have no idea how much per yd of the TM oxford selling in wholesale price, for a normal size, you just need 1.8yd/shirt. If the shirts are made in mainland china, the labour cost is cheap. That is why J Crew can keep their pricing relatively low. My new TM OCBD CMT shirt cost me less than USD70, with 3mm Shell buttons and non fusing collar and cuffs. I can found someone do it cheaper, but the craftmanship will be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Icehawk Damn. I just tried a Hickey suit jacket on today (HF fit me like a box) and it was a perfect fit. I'm just not a drop 7... who the F has a 29" waist? Me....
Just a friendly request to edit your OP with paragraphs to make for easier reading. As it stands, I'm unwilling to plough through that block of text.
It looks a heck of a lot better than most of the "how does it fit" threads. Seems to be a consensus that the shoulders look a bit wide, and the sleeves a bit long. But I disagree about the bottom of the jacket. A shot from the back could dispel any suspicions of it being too long for you. $1,800 is a lot of money for imperfection. But...they might alter it for free. Their MTM program isn't too much more.
If a shirt is too tight, you can't move without it wrinkling and pulling. The chest should not be pulling at the buttons, that is too tight. You should be able to breathe and have almost full range of your arms without pulling. Obviously if you throw your arms back, your going to get pulling, but not if your just breathing deeply. The waist depends upon how skinny you are. Same for the hip measurement. Arms depends upon how tight you want them. Again, go by the...
Weekend drops!
Quote: Originally Posted by Imhoff When I went into their store they told me they did. Their website is never updated. They actually sell ties and other things. They have some examples of their bespoke stuff in store. The tailor's name is Aladdin I believe. He is pretty amazing at his work. He took an otherwise ill fitting suit and made it look like a million bucks. I'm not sure how competitive their pricing is to others, it feels a bit high to me,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MadAboutPlaid I would be down for a get-together. Do you guys really wear summer suits, though? I love them, but in another month, it's going to be unbearable. Can't afford one and don't need/want one. Courts have A/C. And if they don't, I'd find a new town to live in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Imhoff +1 for Artful Tailoring. They do bespoke. They don't advertise this fact on their website. Is it something you have to go in and ask for?