or Connect

Posts by enigma77

Update: First time I washed them, I put them in the dryer for about 10 minutes and then air dried them. Thankfully, they didn't shrink (at least not noticeably)! Since then, I haven't put them in the dryer at all; air drying them has, actually gotten most of the wrinkles out, which definitely isn't the case with my other non-iron shirts. I'd give the fit a B+ but that has nothing to do with washing/drying them... Thanks for the advice, folks!
AGH wtf $25? Sigh
Interesting idea. How do you order the swatch book/how much does it cost? It's not readily apparent from their website...
Hey everyone, I was wondering if people had had any experience with Modern Tailor's non-iron fabrics. I'm thinking of getting a shirt from them in probably a blue twill with some kind of funky patterned contrasting around the interior neck (nice that they offer that option) but hate ironing/dry cleaning. Still, I'll iron if the shirt is worth it, but would rather not. Have people on SF gotten one of their shirts with non-iron fabric? Any idea of the comparison...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac mine haven't shrunk yet, but I don't use the dryer. In general if something is a perfect fit and made of cotton, I don't use the dryer. I air dry The reason why I'd like to use the dryer is that they're supposed to come out wrinkle-free in the dryer; in my experience shirts like that tend not to come out wrinkle free if you air dry them...
Subject says most everything. I'm thinking of the 100% cotton "Easy Care" "Fine Cloth Shirt" dress shirts (not the oxford shirts); I bought a small. I machine wash everything on cold and would put it into a medium-low dryer and tend to pull nicer things/dress shirts before my heavier cotton stuff is done, so it wouldn't be scorched or anything. I ask because the shirt is new and Uniqlo sizes are bizarre. A medium seems hugely baggy and large, whereas the small seems...