or Connect

Posts by tpap

I wouldn't wear a Panama hat, or a summer hat in general, after sunset...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Which would include me; I would argue for the shoulder to end right at the end of the Clavicle. To be more accurate, this should be called acromion... Anyway, if the shirt's arm seam sits much further than the acromion, it will have a downward slope, which I find very sloppy. I like mine to sit right at the end, before the downhill begins! If you want to experiment, take a shirt and pull the...
Check this out (Bespoke belts): http://www.duret-paris.com/leatherwo...30/GALERY.html
Slim enough to be comfortable. I have a bespoke shirt that's way too slim. In fact, when I tighten my fist, the shirt gets skin tight on the arms, particulary below the elbow. The crazy thing is that I have received and keep receiving a lot of compliments on this shirt. Go figure... I prefer my shirts to be as close to my body as possible without making me feel uncomfortable.
I just wanted to add that the fit of the Lambert shoe is strange. The shoe is built on last #8, which is also used on the Delray. I first bought the Delray and it only took a few wearings before it felt really comfortable. Then, I purchased the Lambert (same size) and although I've worn it quite a few times, it has never really felt comfortable. The width feels narrow whereas the heel area feels huge; my heel keeps slipping out, which is very annoying. If I really...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cantabrigian Sounds like you're wearing your shirts too long unless I'm entirely misunderstanding. I don't think I've ever seen Prince Charles with cuffs that long. Just wear your largest watch when you're fitted for or buy shirts. Well, here's one of the many photos out there. Do you think this looks good? Also, isn't the sleeve, when unbuttoned, supposed to be a bit longer than the end of your...
Do you also find it difficult to fit a watch under the shirt's cuff and at the same time have the cuff rest at the base of your thumb? Even a dress watch adds at least 1" to the cuff's size, which allows the cuff to go past the thumb's base. The larger the watch, the further down the cuff reaches. How do you deal with this problem? Is this "base of thumb" rule really incompatible with wearing a watch? In fact, I've seen multiple photos of Prince Charles wearing his...
RJman, thank you. But carpincho and peccary are two very different animals, although, to my knowledge, both can be called hogskin. Don't these two also have a different grain pattern? Are you saying that the CJ hogskin gloves look like the Loro Piana ones? (http://www.vivre.com/control/product...duct_id=35664), in which case the grain is visible under the suede finish? I have the impression that the peccary gloves look like the ones sold by...
I'm interested in buying a pair of gloves from Chester Jefferies, in Hogskin leather. Nonetheless, their website does not show the finish of the leather, so it's hard to make a decision. Further, I questioned them about the buffing applied on the skin and here's their response: "Buffed hogskin is exactly the same leather as grain but with the grain buffed off to give a suede finish. Grain hogskin is hard to come by of the quality we need to produce our gloves from...
I would say the glass is the same. Martini is a cocktail after all. By the way, this is not a sartorial question...