or Connect

Posts by J. Cogburn

Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I was commenting less on the width than on the squareness and lack of slope. I told Will to give me his house style - which he says is the Henry Poole house style - and that's what he did. So is it that you don't like Poole-style structured shoulders, or are you suspicious about the manner in which those shoulders have been executed?
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Those are serious shoulders. I'm a serious man! They are a little on the large side given current fashion, but Will assures me they are within the boundaries of convention. Are they out of proportion relative to the width of my head? That's the big question. They seem OK to me, but I lack the magic eye. Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin I want to hear Manton's opinion on that tie...
Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep I like the fit, but man those shoulders are rigid. I have an irresistible urge to salute you! From what I understand from my tailor, the shoulder construction on my suit is fairly conventional British style - at least, as offered by Henry Poole where his father trained and from he learned his craft. Accordingly, you may salute! Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin It is a nice suit,...
OK goddammit - you want CBD, I got CBD! I'll wheel-out the big gun; a William Field bespoke DB, steel grey ribbed tie, and light blue medium point collar. Sorry for the blurry image - still trying to master this new digital camera of mine. More images were posted a moment ago at the WAYWRN thread for those who want more.
Appologies for the somewhat blury images - still trying to figure out this new digital camera of mine. Anyway, today's rig features the third wearing of my bespoke William Field DB with light blue shirt and silver/grey ribbled Ben Silver tie. Bonus - a couple of "fit" shots;
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Jesus Spoo, that fits beautifully and the silhouette is very, very nice. Tell me about it please.
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin You have a long face. Have you tried a spread collar? My preference is for more of a soft shoulder look. I came about this preference through trial and error, feedback here, and a realization that I really don't need much assistance in the shoulder zone as I have broad, flat shoulders. If you like Ralph, why not try something from the Polo line, instead of the Black Label line? I see you as more of an OldDog type...
Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent I don't mind the shirt, but wouldn't generally wear one that dark with a suit (If I was to wear a buttondown with a suit it would have to be white, and then it would be a rare occurance, but I think that's the English sensibility). Personally I rather like the tie, but then I'm one of those odd people who love paisley, wild Liberty prints etc. As a general rule, I agree about dark blue shirts. This is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Btw, I find this the most interesting of all the Mantonian pronouncements. I love solid socks because it's one less pattern I have to worry about coordinating. Curious to hear your thoughts. I like solid socks because I don't want to draw the eye to my ankles. Sure, it's an opportunity to express some flair and dressing ability, but ... if you're good looking, you should probably strip down the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin I think this would have looked much better with a pale blue spread collar and a close to solid blue tie, minimal pattern at best. I am also not sure if I like RLBL on you. You look much better in the Bespoke DB, IMHO. You have a distinguished look, and RLPBL is rather trendy and fashion forward. Mike Your suggested rig would work fine and it's the sort of thing I usually wear (absent the spread collar -...