or Connect

Posts by J. Cogburn

They seem to be pretty trendy these days. Anything wrong with black chinos and a white shirt? Black chinos and a black shirt? That seems to be about all you can do with black chinos. So I guess the reall question is how do we feel about black/black and black/white looks? And for the sake of argument, let's posit that our skin tone works with black and that we're in "hip" urban environments where black is the rule and not the exception. Let's also posit (not that we...
Quote: Originally Posted by TTO I like the shirt/suit combo, and the tie, though not my taste, works quite well with it. I think a tie with more texture, or a subtle pattern would work better...the pocket square seems to bright to me, maybe better for a sports coat/ more casual fit, though I applaud your industrious use of spare cloth...mine usually goes the same way...or gets turned into bow-ties! -TTO I too very much like the shirt/tie/suit...
Quote: Originally Posted by Orgetorix Props to harvey_birdman, who takes the prize for technological gimmickry away from NOBD! Yeah, that was pretty awesome. It would take me days to figure out how to set that sort of thing up though. Nothing personal, but you guys aren't worth that kind of time and energy!
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin Black tonik (or is it tonic??). that should actually be cool. Small lapels? Sheen? I would too. 1-button, peak lapels, jetted pockets, unvented. The idea is to have something like a dinner jacket save for the fact that it has no silk facing or piping on the trousers. It's 90% mohair, 10% wool, so it has sheen. But it's a cool sheen - not mobster-ish (I hope). Will thinks its the most gorgeous...
By the way, it's perhaps worth noting that a friend of mine from London who used to be a senior editor at The Economist was recently on a panel with me and afterwards brought up my suit. "I must say that you are looking extremely British - far more British than most all the Brits I've ever known!" I took it as a very positive comment.
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin I have to admit to being a fan of the Poole/Military cut. I also have very flat shoulders. Every time I feature a look even close to this...it is shot down. Would be nice to have one of this type in the closet though.... Mike I like the look too, but I'm not a hater re drape cuts, Rubinacci, etc. It's just that the only really good bespoke tailor in DC is William Field and this is what he does. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by TTO Some great looks today folks, way to raise the bar J. Cogburn, great fitting suit, don't like the tie, but maybe the photo doesn't do it justice? I like the shoulders, a strong look but it's a good one too! Everyone else good show, well done for participating! -TTO Quote: Originally Posted by tshaw Just Incredible, gentlemen - very handsome and all winners IMHO- Congrats!! J....
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast Honestly, I think this is excellent, and deserves praise.. It clearly fits nicely and the colours are strong but co-ordinated well. I know a lot of people dislike built-up shoulders, but I just can't see why they get disliked so much when there are such good examples of it, like this. A good military-inspired suit; nice one! Quote: Originally Posted by MrDaniels Very nice, though it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fred49 Must be chair day MODERN chair day to be precise.
Well, let's cancel this given lack of interest. I'll hit my office happy hour tonight instead ... in my Will Field!