or Connect

Posts by J. Cogburn

Fixed. You're right. Other edits also tendered to sharpen the criteria.
This would be easy for me if money were no object; Patek Phillipe. But alas, it is, and I could use some advice. Short of the ideal, these are my criteria: 1.
Yeah, I discovered those too. Not quite the color I'm looking for. I AM getting a pair of cords in that color though for the fall.
You wouldn't think it would THAT hard to find them OTR, but I've been looking around and can't find a damn thing. In a perfect world, they would be flat front without belt loops (tabs or sliders). I can of course bespoke them, but I just can't bring myself to lay out that kind of money for casual trousers. Anybody know where I can get them? If you're on the hunt, I wear 34 x 32.
Sorry, been away from the thread, but I wanted to pick this issue up.There is a school of thought that the long, lean cut without a flair at the skirt or heavy waist suppression makes one look thin. If that's what you want your coat to do, then fine. The waist suppression and flaired skirt helps buff up your chest and make you look muscular. Decide for yourself what you want your coat to do.
Fully canvassed, huh? Would never have guessed they sell fully canvassed coats. But what about the combo at issue - charcoal grey flannel sport coat, mid-grey (lookls like herringbone) slacks?
FWIW, the coat and trousers are from Dolce & Gabbana, which surprises me because both look quite good and I'm not used to paying that company much particular mind.
How do we feel about his look on the cover; charcoal grey flannel-looking odd coat, mid-grey flannel-looking trousers, and a cream OCBD? A charcoal grey flannel odd coat for the winter has never occured to me, but I must admit that it looks quite sharp and modern - more so than would a navy blazer, the standard odd coat with that look. No need to rip the stupid pose (which is granted, but not the point).
Pulled the trigger today. My tailor - William Field of Washington, DC - made a persuasive case for Harrisons' 14 oz mid-gray flannel rather than the Minnis. He thought the Harrisons would hold up better and looked better as well (the difference, to my eyes, were very marginal). Regardless, the need for a pair of trousers that could wear comfortably up to 60 degrees inclined me to go a bit south of the 17 oz fabric. I decided to hold off on the other commissions (light...
Looks great. Do you find that fabric warm enough for you during the colder months of the winter?