or Connect

Posts by J. Cogburn

Quote: Originally Posted by Thin White Duke Never done Trad before, here's my shot: Membership has its priveleges! BB cotton sack blazer Tyrwhitt tie Bachrach shirt (sorry I hate button downs! Does that DQ me?) J Press PS BB Milano chinos Florsheim bucks Goddammit people, no red ties with red pants!! Stop it!
Quote: Originally Posted by Orgetorix I am dressing in the spirit of the challenge today, but this is NOT an official entry. Spoo, please don't include me in the poal--lest I be open to accusations of slanting things in my favor. BB 3/2 sack 3-patch blazer BB OCBD J Press wool tartan tie BB khakis, turned up Target argyle socks Nettleton shell tassel loafers Best-executed trad yet. You should have entered.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker How does Spoo do trad? In a goddamn peak lapel purple corduroy jacket with crystal bug cufflinks you bitches!!! *totally kidding, this is not an entry and I love you guys. *scuse the mess in the kids room- Mrs. Spoo is on another European gig, so I'm left to my own devices, which don't include picking up toys or a proficient knowledge of my self timer app. The looks is great, but what...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD NO Trad. Variation on a Theme Great look! Just great! Great great great. Now, is this an odd jacket or a liberated suit coat?
"In the US, it is a well-established and I believe very Trad thing to wear Brooks Bros. Alden tassel loafers with suits." Crusty's right about that. A good argument against Trad by the way.
Not going for the trad bake-off today, largely because the coat is very English and not at all "trad." It's casual Friday at the office, mid-50s and partly cloudy. So we get a study in blue and brown. Excuse the full-shot pose in which I stand with a ridiculously pronounced swish - there's only so many photos I can ask the admin asst. to take to get this right and I'm not yet used to this sort of thing, so you get what you get. Blazer - MTM from English-American in...
A very good color for spring and summer. Navy would be better for the colder months. But you should have different blazers for different seasons, so do it.
Quote: Originally Posted by LilacCords Friday Challenge... Trad or preppy not sure which... nevertheless.... today.... this is how I roll..... Have a great weekend. While I'm a fan of the blue blazer / red pants look, the tie should not be in the same color family as the pants. That's just overkill - and boring. If you're trying to hit the trad-mark, a rep would be much better ... perhaps a simple navy and white stripe. But plenty of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Requiem Not for the trad challenge Dig the tie. It's a Scottish regimental of some sort, no?
Quote: Originally Posted by jwmbro Okay, going at this as a double outsider. Here's my take as both a neophyte who is fairly clueless about men's fashion, and as a European, who doesn't encounter trad locally. By all means don't hold back with criticism, having read the "glory days" thread, I feel I should state I am looking to learn, and can take harsh criticism (which is probably very appropriate if anybody is willing to give it to me, but you gotta...