or Connect

Posts by Scuttlebutt

This might not be the perfect forum to post this, but maybe someone happens to have a set they don't use. I'm looking for a set of right-handed Ping Eye 2 irons. I don't really care about whether or not they are USGA-conforming or not (amateur player). Interested in either the steel or BeCu ones. If you have a set you might want to get rid of, please let me know.
Selling an almost new pair of Crockett & Jones "Brentwood" loafers in size 7.5E. Stunning quality. Only worn out once for a few hours and alas, they do not fit. They are not "perfect" but darn close to it. Still smell like leather. They've been sitting around awhile and it's time they were enjoyed. Asking $450 350325/BO or shoot me a trade request. At the moment, my random list of "needs" are suits in 36 or 38R, Roku 3, a set of Ping Eye 2 irons, or perhaps a watch. (+/-...
--
Funny enough, I just bought the opposite of the call of this thread: a J Crew Fctory seersucker suit for a wedding this summer (I live in Boston). Should be fun. I'd also be looking for an unlined jacket. But I agree, impossible to find OTR.
My new work is usually "business casual." People usually wear khakis and button downs with no tie. Sometimes coats are worn. I have a couple nice navy blazers and a dark gray sport jacket. I am just now realizing that I have essentially two pairs on pants (that aren't jeans): khaki chinos, and wool pants in a shade of gray too close to the sport coat. Does anyone have brand and color suggestions for pants to go with these two jackets (or alone)? I'm really kind of lost...
I'm a pretty skinny Irish (pale) guy. Looking for a summer suit, but not sure what color and material to get. I know I can't do khaki because of my skin color. It has to be conservative--think something I can wear to court. Something like these from BB? Any OTR suggestions in about the $6-800 range? Thanks.
Have been away for awhile. Still have this awesome jacket hanging in my closet!
Also looking for a good Boston tailor. I took an overcoat to Jerry on Newbury St. and he turned me away because he thought the sides couldn't be brought in.
Looking for a Burberry (or "Burberrys") classic trench (or SB). Size 36 or 38, maybe a bit on the short/slim side (I'm 5'9" and very skinny). Please let me know what you've got!
Hello SF, I'm looking for a casual coat for the winter. I found this Ted Baker one, which I absolutely love, but I don't want to spend quite that much ($550). Does anyone know where I could 1) get the coat cheaper, or 2) find a similar one for a bit less? Thanks! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ted-baker-london-zainab-herringbone-coat/3522427