or Connect

Posts by StolenCar

Sounds like a big company. If that's the case, there is no harm in asking. The travel/finance section that arranges your itinerary will have little contact with the operations area. The interviewers will have no idea when you arrive and when you leave, unless you volunteer that info or they ask about your plane ride. If the company does a lot of international recruiting, it will likely have set policies around this and deal with these requests frequently. Tale advantage...
This is some fabric I bought from a small factory in Chettinad, India. It's cotton, done on hand looms. It's been sitting in the linen closet for a while now and I should do something with it. I'm not sure there's anyone in town that does shirts. I could send them elsewhere, I guess, but would have to order a couple of other shirts first to get the sizing down. While this fabric probably does not have a great deal of monetary value, it has other value to me & I don't want...
SF appropriate: "Everybody's dressing funny. Color me impressed." "You can't put your arms around a memory"
I've got a first gen iPod Touch. Still running fine. The one thing I hated about it was the lack of real "next/previous" and volume controls. I like listening to music late into the night and it was a pain to skip a song or adjust the volume while shielding a bright light from my wife. I bought one of the Fiio remotes (15 or 20 bucks on eBay). It plugs into the sync port and has volume, forward/backward controls, pause and a headphone jack. It uses the battery from the...
Quote: Originally Posted by sjd Exactly. Although I did the drive from Regina to B.C. back in September and found the roads quite good. My theory is that the roads are worse in Ontario and Quebec because of freeze-thaw cycles in the winter. More prairie cities don't plow all the snow away, especially on side streets, because unlike central Canada, there's rarely big thaws and therefore not too much of a chance of it all turning to ice. I like...
The local CBC morning show interviewed one of the kids on the winning team of the game that sparked this whole thing. No one told the kids that this rule was in effect; they found out when the ref told one of the boys during play that if they score another goal, they will lose. So, everyone got confused. They didn't have any subs so the same kids stayed on the field and played keep-away for the next 20 minutes which they said embarrased the other team far more than scoring...
I hold a Canadian and a UK passport. Although born in England, I have never traveled on the UK passport. I got the UK one when I was single and thinking about working there. Now, using the UK passport to pass through lines quickly would be a no-go, as I'd be leaving my wife to wade through the non-EU lines, which would not make ours a happy marriage. And if I travel for work, I use the Cdn one, since I work for the feds. It would look suspicious for a gov't official to...
That sucks. Sorry for your loss. One of our cats had this ugly growth develop on his hip. We had it drained but then it came back again. I always said I would never spend big money on the pets (2 cats +1 dog). But when you're in the examination room and they give you the estimate, it's like, oh $650, that's not too bad, let's do it. He's fine now and I'm glad I did it.
Bought a jacket from Spark. Excellent seller; arrived quickly. Recommended.
Heller -- Catch 22. Always wanted to read it and I saw a copy at the airport bookstore.