or Connect

Posts by MarquisMagic

Plus lots of guest judges -- Lidia Bastianich, Michelle Bernstein,Wolfgang Puck, Morimoto, Hubert Keller, Eric Ripert, Curtis Stone, Alfred Portali, Art Smith and Lorena Garcia along with Tom, Gail & Padma.
Four part finale. Bahamas. Padma's in a bikini!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by pseudonym Don't worry; the title is his to win this season. Is it just me or is Blais not performing up to his usual standard? He put Antonia in the top three this week. It's like he's become the contestant-coach. But he does seem out of sync with the judges...he does complex, cutting edge when they want old world simple; when he's does simple, they expect the moderniste. Go figure
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon There are challenges where the diners fill out cards (like Restaurant Wars - which should be coming up, no?) Yup, next week.
This was the second week in a row in which there was greater value in winning the quickfire than the elimination round. Mike Isabella got immunity meaning he automatically moved to the next round plus a new Toyota Prius for 8 minutes and 37 seconds of work. All Dale got was the move to the next round (which everyone else but Casey got...and the "prestige"of winning). So who would you rather be in this instance, Mike or Dale?
Quote: Originally Posted by pseudonym Oh wait.. to show the fans (more specifically, SFers) her awesome assets, duh. Exposure is good!
Quote: Originally Posted by pseudonym If she wanted out so early, why the hell did she agree to get back on the show?. Casey yesterday: Spike was referring to my attitude"”if I do get sent home, I won't be upset. Going into this [competition], from the get go, our mindset was different for each one of us. We all have restaurants and/or successful businesses. We already knew each other, so people were a lot nicer to each other. I think us...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarquisMagic Spike said Casey wanted out for a while. Quote: Originally Posted by sonick Nooooooo! Spike: The only thing on Top Chef sometimes that's funny, and people that show they don't have the will to stay in the competition, they kind of send themselves home. Casey came up to me right after the competition and said, "˜Listen, if you don't want to go home, I will, because I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser I think Casey may have been looking for a way out. . Spike said Casey wanted out for a while.
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick +1 on Casey's outfit in the chinese supermarket holy jesus! Fabio was hilarious this episode. Fabio's "I'm Italian, why do you expect me to cook something other than gnocchi" is getting a bit tiresome. He's competing for Top Chef, not Top Italian Chef. And it's pretty disingenuous. He's a very adept and versatile cook...as can be seen from his previous season and how well he has fared at times on...