or Connect

Posts by MarquisMagic

So here are the details. Show debuts tomorrow night. The format will be akin to that of the original "Top Chef." (In TCM Seasons #1 and #2, contestants were graded on a scale; this season they will take part in quiockfire and elimination challenges). However, they will also be competing for cash for their favorite charities: winners of each quickfire challenge get $5,000 and the elimination challenge winners get $10,000 to donate. Curtis Stone will be this season's host...
Quote: Originally Posted by medwards Zaytinya, Cafe Atlantico, and Minibar are reflections of Jose Andres not Mike Isabella. He certainly learned a lot from him, but they aren't -- and weren't -- Mike's restaurants. I should also note that in the time Mike left Zaytinya he cooked with Bryan Voltaggio and Jen Carroll to get ready for this challenge as well as at the Source with Scott Drewno and the Blue Duck Tavern with Brian McBride. I believe all of...
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum i think he's done 4 restaurants, but he owns one now. some burger joint. he talks about it on the show sometimes edit: damnit chicagoron. i hate you His restaurant BLAIS closed a little while back. He currently own Flip Burger Boutique of which there are three in Atlanta. That makes four.
Whether you like it or not, theft can be a problem in many kitchens. Cyrus is not the typical restaurant. Many have large numbers of rather transient staff, including a good number of cleaning help and wait staff. It's not unknown for restaurant workers to be in need of cash. Things get stolen. That's just the reality. Equally important and relevant is that in many, many kitchens there simply isn't room to store your high quality knives in a manner you would expect....
First, Ripert travels almost constantly and much of his cooking is done on television or before an audience. Indeed, as you can see from the contents of the case, he travels with far more than just his knives, but includes other tools that may not be available in such situations. It's not like he's a line cook at Le Bernadin. Second, keeping one's knives secure and in good condition is an attribute that every chef or even home cook should possess. These are...
Quote: Originally Posted by KJT Anyone able to identify the makers of his knives? Quote: Originally Posted by sonick According to the article posted earlier, its MAC and Wusthof. Yes that's what it says...Ripert has had a long relationship with MAc and often recmmends Wusthof for recreational cooks...but the case contains a bit more than that: for instance, the third knife from the left (following two MAC knives)...
Perhaps season four will be Top Chef Masters v Top Chef's 8 seasons' winners. Just sayin'....
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon I agree too - but it's a tv show. And when you get to final four All-stars, we all know they are all good. And they have different styles of food. So if you don't do SOMETHING to push them out of their comfort zone, you get into a decision about whose style you like best... which is what will come out of the final 2. Yes, but it should be noted that the contestants -- to some extent -- did know what...
Top Chef Masters -- Season Three begins to air April 6th. Lineup is not exactly made up of household (or at least foodie household), which doesn't mean they aren't fine chefs. Format will more closely resemble Top Chef's ongoing approach rather than that of the past two Masters series.
Bayona, Restaurant August, Stella