or Connect

Posts by Matt S

There's no way we can tell without a picture. Taking in the waist may or may not make the pockets pop out. It depends on how the seat is altered. If the pockets don't pop out with a larger waist, a good tailor will make sure they don't when the waist is taken in. The proper length of the rise depends on your overall height and the length of your torso. I'm 5'9" but I need somewhat of a long rise (12-13 inches). The waistband of your trousers should sit around your navel or...
You are size 38 in BB if you are 40 in RLBL. As long as the wedding is black tie, the double-breasted is a good choice as it is not as formal as a single breasted "tux." Just make sure you wear a turndown collar and not a wing collar.
Search the forum for blazer buttons and you will find many suggestions. Navy buttons on a navy blazer usually make it look like a suit jacket.
Quote: Originally Posted by joshman 56 inches long ties. Who're gonna buy them? My ideal tie length is 55 inches, so 56 isn't far off.
Quote: Originally Posted by thinman +1. I prefer smoked MOP buttons. It should then be obvious to (almost) anyone that it's not an orphaned suit jacket. That's my favourite. I have a two different single-breasted blazers; one has smoked MOP and the other has white MOP. But on my double-breasted blazer I prefer metal, though I don't have brass.
An odd vest needs to contrast the suit, which means that a charcoal vest doesn't work well with a navy suit. I prefer to wear a dove grey vest with navy. For a charcoal or brown suit, I like a vest in buff/beige. For a dark vest, such as charcoal or black, a light grey suit works best. When wearing a navy or charcoal suit with an odd vest I usually wear black shoes, but I don't see a problem in any case wearing black shoes with a navy suit. And I find that black and mid to...
I'm also interested in this. I have a thrifted dinner jacket that needs shortened sleeves, and I think its a good place for me to learn.
Wow. That's a beautiful show. It's like a full brogue Aintree.
Black oxfords, not patent, with a navy suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy This looks good to me, the caption underneath is stupid. Quite stupid. If the man wore a four-in-hand tie and left the cap at home, the suit wouldn't say anything about the 1930s.