or Connect

Posts by Matt S

Stripes are for suits, so avoid on odd trousers. If you want custom trousers go somewhere else. What fabrics did you have in mind? BB offers every classic seasonal fabric I could want. Flannel, cavalry twill, gabardine, and tropical wool will cover you for every season. If it is fit you need, then you could try BB, but they can't do much about style. BB just doesn't make the style I like anymore and my local BB is unable to accommodate me on that part.
Bookster lists that fabric under the Suiting heading. Here's a PoW that is appropriate for either a suit or a sports coat: This is probably the simplest PoW that you could get away with on a sports coat.
That's a classic style as long as you leave the top button open. ^Does it very well.
I love single pleats, and I'd wear more if I could find them OTR in a fit that suits me. For me they have to be inward facing, as is the way I prefer with any pleats. Many of the English brands sell this style, and it's especially popular on Savile Row these days. They look a lot cleaner than double pleats, but they need to fit well or they'll look terrible.
I'm a big fan of Dressing The Man and I think it offers good advice that Flusser should use a bit more on himself. I can't say I've seen much of his clothes that have really appealed to me. My father has a Flusser blazer that he got about 20-25 years ago at Saks, and it really shows. It has big shoulders, a low gorge, a 4x1 button stance, and no vent. The style was influenced by the 80s more than anything else.
Can you specify button stance? For instance, the button placement on your jacket is a bit too high for me, so could they make it an inch lower? How do you think they would be with options that aren't on their site? For instance, I would prefer a hook tab waistband extension, side adjusters and forward pleats. Would asking for a suit from them to my specifications be asking for trouble?
Quote: Originally Posted by coltboy75 Wasn't Sean Connery known for having ticket pockets in the early James Bond films? If so, how can it be a fad if that was nearly 50 years ago? Connery had a few ticket pockets in Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever. In Thunderball he wore a brown tweed sports coat with a ticket pocket, but that piece was carried over from the Goldfinger wardrobe.
I prefer the double hook extended tab without the button. When I unbutton my suit jacket I don't want any buttons to be visible on the trousers.
Grey glen-plaid trousers are great with navy blazers.
Quote: Originally Posted by a tailor you need at least 4" or more in the seat circumference. I noticed this right away. But everything else looks pretty good. Hopefully it won't shrink too much.