or Connect

Posts by Matt S

From the many examples I have seen, DeBoise is clearly one of the best tailors in the world. Seeing his perfectly-fitted one-piece back really did it for me. Someone really needs to come up with a list of questions and topics and hold a long interview.
Would this also make the thigh width narrower? How about the seat? How would the rest of the trousers be affected?
Quote: Originally Posted by Roikins Yours looks just like the ones I have on a few T&A shirts, and that's a definite improvement. If I ordered from MT, my preference would be for your version of that cuff. Thanks. The T&A turnback cuff was part of my inspiration, but the proportions of the T&A cuff are a bit different. I based the cuff more on the cuffs Roger Moore wore in the final season of The Saint and in The Man With The Golden Gun and...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Matt S, Do you work in the industry? No I don't. I've just done a lot of research to help me and other know what I want.
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewRogers Your revision is an infinite improvement. Thank you for the kind words.
If the shirts are that slim they'll need a bit of stretch or they would be quite uncomfortable and likely to rip with certain movements.
I really like the first pair. That's a nice last, and the bevelled waist looks great. I'm not too crazy about the second one. The sleekness of the wholecut and the chunkiness of the Norwegian welt don't mix well in my eyes. But I can't deny the quality of the craftsmanship.
I've placed an order with ModernTailor and I've been really impressed with their customer service. The Live Help was especially helpful. I was interested in their claim that they could copy an style. I wanted a cocktail cuff, but done a certain way. They have a "portofino cuff" that looks like this: This style is typical of online shirtmakers, but I regret to say that I don't find it very elegant, especially how the corner of the cuff tends to fold back when it...
Avoid stripes for weddings, stripes are for the office. A solid grey in a herringbone weave has more interest than a plain weave and gives the appearance of subtle stripes. It's a classic for formal wear.
Flat fronts are the oldest style. Plain bottoms are more formal and cuffs came about in casual wear. Forward pleats (English style) are more traditional than reverse pleats (Italian style). Double pleats are more traditional than single pleats. More than 3 pleats are less traditional. Nowadays pleats and cuffs are seen as more traditional than flat fronts and plain bottoms.