or Connect

Posts by Matt S

Will there be a long-rise available for those who need it?
Quote: Originally Posted by stat1 The main reason for my question is because the suit will be a three piece and most agree that belts are not the way to go even though they will be covered by a vest. I'm not a fan of braces really and was looking for the right alternative. Thanks again all. Belts are indeed covered by the vest, but they are not hidden. They create a lump underneath, most noticeably at the buckle. Side adjusters are fine, but...
Is it for you or your best man? I don't recommend that you both wear the same tie. Get another tie that is similar, but not the same.
Quote: Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere! I never take mine out (unless replacing them). I don't recommend washing and ironing your shirts with the collar stays in.
I have both and can't decide myself which one I like better. I do agree that the buttons look nicer, but if it's a suit they won't be seen most of the time anyway. If you're wearing the suit to work and taking off your jacket, then it may make a difference to you. I never wear a suit to work, so I'm never in a situation where I'd take off my suit jacket. I really don't have much experience with using side adjusters because I usually wear those suits with braces. If I had...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday What about tan coats and the like in summertime? Do you find that presents the same issue with shirt contrast? Also, I should clarify my earlier remarks to note that I was thinking about solid light gray sportcoats. That was the target of the AA complaint -- solid gray sportcoats just weren't done. I don't buy it. Also, here's Robert Redford rocking a light gray sportcoat with denim. Very '70s, but still looks...
Quote: Originally Posted by spitfirees20 What are the benefits of a split back? It looks nicer on a striped shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by Redwoood Outstanding work, Matt! may I ask what program you used to design the schematics? Adobe Illustrator
Quote: Originally Posted by columbia92 Looks like ModernTailor has already added your cuff to their cuff selection. I also noticed they added a bunch of shirt fabric as well. I've noticed too. I provided the matching illustration on their page. If I decide to order from them again this will sure make it much easier for me, unless I want to design another cuff.
From the many examples I have seen, DeBoise is clearly one of the best tailors in the world. Seeing his perfectly-fitted one-piece back really did it for me. Someone really needs to come up with a list of questions and topics and hold a long interview.