or Connect

Posts by Matt S

A body length that short only looks okay with short sleeves. A long sleeve shirt needs a longer body.
I'm all for the Steed. The suit's drape, waist suppression, and button stance look perfect to me. The suit looks better than the sports coats because the jacket works well with the cut of the trousers. None of the other trousers look as nice as the Steed trousers.
What is the season for camel hair? When should I take it out and when should I put it away?
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar No pockets...Put your phone in your jacket . I can't stand shirts with pockets if not casual... OCBDs are casual. But I'm with the no pocket crowd here anyway. I only like pockets on short sleeve shirts, but only very small pockets.
A well-fitting armhole needs to be bespoke tailored. I have second-hand bespoke suits with high armholes made for someone else and they still don't give me that amount of movement. It's a difficult thing to get right. Most RTW won't have high armholes because they need to fit a wide variety of people. And a lot of people also aren't used to a snug armhole and will more likely buy something else.
Quote: Originally Posted by amplifiedheat The fact is, I find the notion that changing any part of a suit makes it "contemporary" to be perfectly absurd. I also reject the idea that sticking to classic rules means everyone has to dress alike. To the contrary, buttoning at the waist means high-waisted men wear high-waisted jackets and low-waisted men wear low-waisted jackets. That's the whole point. The Agents in The Matrix wore the same suit of the same...
Wouldn't longer sleeve make his arms look shorter? Shorter sleeves might look odd on a hanger, but it matters that they fit the person.
I got a Speedmaster when I was 13 and now at 22 I'm still wearing it.
Quote: Originally Posted by intent I don't think the problem is really with the buttoning point, but I get the feeling that the suit jacket is too long on the bottom half. Maybe it's the photo angle. It makes the wearer seem like the suit is wearing him. It only looks too long because the buttoning point and pockets are too high. It's the fashionable proportions that are giving the suit this effect. If the jacket were shorter it wouldn't cover...
Quote: Originally Posted by amplifiedheat To the contrary, it's not subjective at all. A single-breasted suit should button at the waist, which the narrowest part of the torso. (Finding the waist is a bit more complicated for overweight men.) If your waist is higher than average, it requires a higher button stance. If it is lower than average, it requires a lower button stance. Naturally, the waistband of the trousers should sit at the waist. This is the...