or Connect

Posts by Matt S

Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenTribe I generally dislike pleats, but now you've got me curious what the difference is between all of these things. What's a "scissor pleat"? Can we have a photo guide? All the styles are here: http://www.mytailor.com/BrowseSlacks.aspx Pleats turned out are reverse pleats. Pleats turned in are forward pleats.
Just in case anyone is confused, forward pleats open toward the fly and reverse pleats open away. Reverse pleats are the standard type of pleat in America and Italy, and have become more common in Britain as well.
A solid white french cuff shirt is something that every man needs.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Who is Vahram? He runs Mr. Ned.
Quote: Originally Posted by sartorialexecutive What should I be selecting? I see no options for selection. Poll is up now.
This is for those who like pleats. If you think pleats are the devil's work, this is not for you. Select as many as you like.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang Curious about this too. Looks like the side hems are not single needle like how Jantzen does it, which matters to some people -- me, not so much. BTW, French cuffs are incongruous with the oxford fabric and stitched down placket. I agree that French cuffs are out of place with a casual oxford cloth, but there's nothing wrong with french cuffs and a placket. It's the way it's done on Jermyn St.
I'd recommend a cummerbund. If you must wear a vest, the only lapel there is a shawl lapel.
I'm with the others that you shouldn't match with the shirt and tie. I second the recommendation for a white shirt and black tie. The only place to coordinate is with a pocket square.
The suit on the right fits better through the chest, and it has a nice lapel role. But the suit on the right is a better length and the shoulders look better on you. I think the flap pockets are more flattering. Each of them are good in their own ways.