or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Matt S

Quote: Originally Posted by Sam Hober Dah328, Any chance of a close-up photo? Matt S, A great list. For reference a classic grenadine weave is called in Italian "Garza Grosse" this is what we use. there is one other classic weave called as I recall "Garza Fina" We do not currently use this second weave as it is quite loose more so than the Garza Grosse. There are weaves that are similar to the classic weaves woven outside of Italy and...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia One dumb question ; Why all the granadine as finished in a square form not triangle as an usual tie? Thanks Grenadine ties are always finished in a triangle. Knit ties are square. Grenadine is a woven silk and is constructed just like any other tie of woven silk. Knit ties are knit silk and must be constructed differently. Whilst the two look similar, they are not related.
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving There are no grenadine ties for sale on Ebay. So, at $80, it weeds out the $30k millionaires who buy everything used on Ebay for $6. Anyone with a grenadine tie is the real deal. JPress grenadines are $80 http://jpressonline.com/neckwear_solid.php?page=all I see no Paul Winston website. Sounds like Hober is the way to go. There are grenadines on eBay, you just didn't search hard enough. They...
For the record, here is a list of brands that make (or used to make) the larger weave grenadine ties: Battistoni Roma Ben Silver Benson & Clegg 'Lace' Brioni Dege & Skinner Dion Domenico Spano Dormeuil Drakes Giorgio Armani Harvie & Hudson Hilditch & Key Kent Wang Lawrence of Warwick UK Marinella Mountain & Sackett New & Lingwood Paul Stuart Sam Hober Thomas Pink 'Astaire' TM Lewin Turnbull & Asser Here are some brands that make (or used to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving Is there any way to get grenadine ties without spending $80+ ? It depends on the type of grenadine. This type of grenadine can't be found more cheaply than from Sam Hober for $80: This type can be found from Paul Winston and J Press for much less: You can find both types of grenadine ties on ebay, used and new, for a lot less.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia Yes I did very succesfully, honest. But please don´t think as me as that guy with those funny designs and strange ties from this forum. I can´t remember his name Are you thinking of Eric Glennie? I'd be interested to see a picture of the suit with the added button.
A grenadine ties would be great if you want texture: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-si...ilk-tie-7.html David Hober can make any width you like.
It can definitely be brought up. The button stance should still look fine after you shorten the jacket 1.5 in. If the pockets end up looking too close to the bottom, tuck in the flaps. If there are vents, they might end up being a little short but still okay. Make sure you have the sleeves shortened, by about an inch.
Quote: Originally Posted by Icehawk Anyone else? Not diggin' a cummerbund, seems to rental to me. My thought is a vest with deep scoop would stand out and be traditional but a lot of them are lapel-less or have the a squared-off peudo-shawl collar - not sure if either is good idea. So does a notch lapel dinner jacket. For a waistcoat, the squared-off lapels are traditional.
Linen is cooler.
New Posts  All Forums: