or Connect

Posts by Matt S

Quote: Originally Posted by T4phage [sane] I don't have any photos specifically of trouser fits unfortunately... and my knowledge regarding fits are meager compared to yours and my vocabulary and description are not to precise. I choose the 'fit' (eg. rise, width at knee/opening) depending on the fabric and utility of the trousers. Slightly wider legs for suits and slimmer for casual - but not always. The way I would like trousers to fit is...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Guys - before we get carried away runway fits are usually a 'modified 40(E)L' (extra long) - the real look hanging instore is hardly as severe/exaggerated as these. These guys are 6' 2-3" on average. These 'runway fit' clothes sometimes end up on yoox and so on, and normal people buy them and wonder why they don't (never) fit right. Runway models have never been intended to be the last word on how an item fits on a...
I could believe that this is fully canvassed. This is clearly not a regular Blue Label suit as it has reverse pleat trousers. If those were forward pleats I might have bought it.
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff sorry dude but doesnt look like all that textbook knowledge produced you any aesthetically nice silhouettes on your pants. they look meh and boring. well, of course they have no puckering pulling or stretching. neither do they have any nice lines, curves or anything else , because theyre just curtains. What are you talking about? Those are some of the nicest trousers I've ever seen! Are the lines you're...
It depends on how much you want to spend. I'm always out looking for solid suits in my size, with two criteria: side vents and forward-pleated trousers. Which means I'm usually looking at Polo on eBay. I've been seeing some for around $500-600, which is too much for me to consider.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam Hober Dah328, Any chance of a close-up photo? Matt S, A great list. For reference a classic grenadine weave is called in Italian "Garza Grosse" this is what we use. there is one other classic weave called as I recall "Garza Fina" We do not currently use this second weave as it is quite loose more so than the Garza Grosse. There are weaves that are similar to the classic weaves woven outside of Italy and...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia One dumb question ; Why all the granadine as finished in a square form not triangle as an usual tie? Thanks Grenadine ties are always finished in a triangle. Knit ties are square. Grenadine is a woven silk and is constructed just like any other tie of woven silk. Knit ties are knit silk and must be constructed differently. Whilst the two look similar, they are not related.
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving There are no grenadine ties for sale on Ebay. So, at $80, it weeds out the $30k millionaires who buy everything used on Ebay for $6. Anyone with a grenadine tie is the real deal. JPress grenadines are $80 http://jpressonline.com/neckwear_solid.php?page=all I see no Paul Winston website. Sounds like Hober is the way to go. There are grenadines on eBay, you just didn't search hard enough. They...
For the record, here is a list of brands that make (or used to make) the larger weave grenadine ties: Battistoni Roma Ben Silver Benson & Clegg 'Lace' Brioni Dege & Skinner Dion Domenico Spano Dormeuil Drakes Giorgio Armani Harvie & Hudson Hilditch & Key Kent Wang Lawrence of Warwick UK Marinella Mountain & Sackett New & Lingwood Paul Stuart Sam Hober Thomas Pink 'Astaire' TM Lewin Turnbull & Asser Here are some brands that make (or used to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving Is there any way to get grenadine ties without spending $80+ ? It depends on the type of grenadine. This type of grenadine can't be found more cheaply than from Sam Hober for $80: This type can be found from Paul Winston and J Press for much less: You can find both types of grenadine ties on ebay, used and new, for a lot less.