or Connect

Posts by Matt S

For an odd waistcoat with a charcoal suit I think that a buff waistcoat would look much better than heather grey since there would be more contrast. Heather grey also sounds dark for a charcoal suit. If it was a light grey it would work much better. Go with standard-width lapels. Narrow peak lapels will look silly.
Are there any television shows where people take off their shoes when entering the home, besides Mister Rogers' Neighborhood? In Asian television and movies, do people always take off their shoes and put them back on when coming and going? It seems so important, yet it sounds like it would really make a movie lag, having to watch people tie their shoes.
White, light blue, cream and ecru are all great shirt colours to wear with a charcoal suit. Pink also works well too, if you're daring enough. And as far as other shirt colours with a suit, I'm not too fond of others, but some people like lilac.
After this has been established, we need a poll with these two choices.
I always wear black shoes with charcoal and navy suits, but burgundy shoes go great with both too. Brown with charcoal and navy I was never a big fan. But brown shoes go with everything else.
I like ecru shirts (the term usually used for shirts in this colour). Though a pale yellow/cream might be a little better. Now as for the tie, it needs to contrast with the shirt.
If I did then I'd have shoe covers, not make people take off their shoes. You don't care about how much bacteria is on your foot. There's quite a lot inside your shoe. Most people have smelly feet, and that comes from bacteria. That's why I prefer people to keep their shoes on.
I keep my shoes on when I get home.I'm careful not to spill food when cooking, though I'm typically not wearing good shoes when cooking. But I always wear shoes when cooking. If something hot did spill, I wouldn't want to be without shoes. And the floor gets dirty in the kitchen, so I'd rather the bottoms of my shoes get dirty than my socks.When I go to bed, I put my shoes on the floor next to my bed with trees in. The go in the closet the next morning when I take out my...
Go back to the 60s in America: flat front and cuffs. And what about in London? Pleats and no cuffs.
I never wrote that. At one time, double vents on a single-breasted jacket weren't as acceptable, but no vent is fine on either. The single vent is there for riding horseback. Double-breasted jackets aren't very practical on horseback since there is no cutaway front, so a single vent has no place on a double-breasted jacket. There's no logical reasoning as to why pleats and cuffs have to go together. It's all personal preference.