or Connect

Posts by Matt S

Pretty much everyone puts 4 buttons on everything now. Some Italian tailors like 3 buttons, and a few English tailors also do three. Some American do 2, and in the 60s it was popular to have only 1 button on the sleeves. There are no rules to this. Make sure the sleeve length is perfect before the buttonholes are made. Some people get the suit shipped with the buttonholes already in, and that's a big mistake.
It might be best to start by going to a store. I have a great pair I got a few years ago from Brooks Brothers, though I don't see them on their website currently. The best to start out with is dark brown leather lined in cashmere. They will keep your hands warm. I only wear gloves when it's cold, so I prefer lined gloves. I like dark brown because they look good with most business dress.
The places where a point collar becomes a spread collar becomes a cutaway collar aren't fine lines. What do you mean by a "classic collar"? Like a moderate spread collar? This one is a spread collar, and a fairly wide spread collar at that but not a cutaway.
The problem isn't the shoulder, it's armhole. It looks too narrow. See this post: http://www.styleforum.net/t/151698/divot-terror#post_2686570
But Huntsman style is generally one button with notched lapels, not peaked lapels.
I find that peak lapels are too formal on a single-breasted suit made in a very informal flannel houndstooth. If you want a single-breasted suit with peak lapels, go for a dressier worsted cloth. And definitely not a houndstooth check. But if you like Huntsman, go for their signature look of a single button and notch lapels. It works with any type of cloth, from a brown flannel check to a dark navy worsted.
I don't see the point in 3D rendering, since it's not going to accurately portray anything. The best thing to do is what you'll find on some bespoke tailors' websites. Just show examples of different styles you make, like 2-button, 3-button, 1-button, double-breasted, classic cut, fashion cut. Anderson & Sheppard's suit is a good example:http://www.anderson-sheppard.co.uk/style/house-style.htmlThe suits don't even have to be on models. The cut can be seen well on a...
1) I'd like to see more classic solid poplins. Like a sky blue, periwinkle and cream. Plus end-on-end shirts, like in light blue and mid blue. Those are the most basic of shirts and what I get the most use out of. 2) I'd like to see a classic black and white Glen Urquhart check suit and darker grey glen checks. Navy and grey birdseye would be nice to see as well. 3) I prefer seeing more fabric choices. Models are irrelevant if the clothes are custom-made. They can help...
I can't say those work for me.
The colour of shirt and tie are fine, but don't wear a button down collar.