or Connect

Posts by cazzzidy

Nice stash pal! Shave that beard and work it. I'm about your age and have been wearing one full time for two years. My advice: DON'T get involved in the culture. Don't EVER bring it up. When other people talk about it, accept the compliment and steer the conversation elsewhere. Do not be defined by your stash or let it become an affect. It must be a congruent part of your identity, else you'll be perceived as just another douchebag with a mustache. With that...
Why are ya'll busting on this guy so hard? I applaud his determination. The simple fact is - through history, many advanced and primitive cultures have practiced fasts for various religious, spiritual and political purposes. I admit, there is little to no evidence that fasting "purges toxins" or "heals the body." But there is also no evidence that water fasting is damaging to organs or reduces longevity. In fact, one of the only known methods of increasing...
I once had my tailor convert a beautiful Brookes Brothers vest into a fedora. It's now my favorite hat and I get a lot of compliments. Cost about forty bucks iirc. The process works as long as you can wrap the circumference of your head with the length of the vest at least twice.
Can you share more about what is in cologne? I don't wear any because I've read most of the aromatics are synthetic and often toxic. Apparently most bottles have hundreds of compounds in them, including toluene and other crazy carcinogens. The industry is not regulated, correct? Are there any "natural" cologne companies?
Wow, this guy is a total jackass! You accused me of not "believing" in science. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I believe in atoms and molecules and electrical pulses and protein and fat and insulin swirling about the body, building muscles, burning fat, etc. These are highly complex, highly varied processes that could perhaps someday be accurately described by science. However, I don't believe the current scientific literature accurately characterizes...
Great documentary! Thanks for posting it, it had been a couple years since I saw it the first time. But with regards to your post concerning nutrition and growth, I disagree substantially. Nutrition, metabolism and adaption are very poorly understand by modern science, so claiming that the current literature about sports nutrition is superior to "anecdotal" evidence is silly. Talk to any natural lifter that pushes serious plates, in any gym, anywhere on earth, and I...
I wear a mustache year round. You part timers degrade and dilute my pervert identity, and I resent you for it. Mustaches for charity? Please. Mustaches are for intimidating and lovemaking. Don't forget to pick up that razor on December first.
It probably is plastic outgas. Plastics, especially soft plastics and vinyls, eject all sorts of toxic gasses and its likely that the fibers in your suit absorbed them. Good news is these compounds are very volatile and will leave your suit if you air it out. Heat and airflow will do it - so hang it up in the sun for a day and you'll probably be done with it. I would only be concerned if your suit was synthetic as plastics (like polyester) can absorb plasticizers...
Quote: Originally Posted by mikej77 Starting Strength Absolutely do Starting Strength. Squats, dead lifts, presses. Eat like a horse. Drink milk like its water. Don't run. Don't do a bodybuilding routine. Don't curl or jump rope or ride a bike. Go to a gym with a squat rack and start lifting weight. Pay some money for training so you learn proper form, buy Rippetoes book, and you'll be a different man in 6 months. At 6'1 you...
Thanks for the feedback. It's good to hear that at least some of you have experience. When I used to do P90X and run, those work outs definitely increased my energy in daily life. This program is very different. I was feeling particularly bad yesterday afternoon, after having a relatively light breakfast and lunch (normal for most people). I gorged on a double cheesburger then eggs and bacon, then a quart of milk over several hours, and I felt great by the...