or Connect

Posts by knezz

I'm in need of a suit for a "white tie" affair in 45 days. I am also in need of an evening suite for a "black tie" affair in February. My budget is rather limited at this point but I still wish to look reasonably nice. I'm in USA. Are there any online stores that would someone can direct me to. If so, please point out the specific model as I can't inspect prior to purchasing. I'm not averse to purchasing a gently used suite. "Black Tie" - Peak lapel, no vent, 1...
I hope I'm not breaking any rules but what is or was the B&S Forum? I have found archive but still see that posters are refering to it. What is the url?
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 A tailor can easily close a single vent. The quality of JAB fabrics and construction is very poor. I have seen them pill and develop shiny patches after very few wearings. I would consider pretty much any jacket from JAB a throwaway item. If I had a $450 budget for a dinner suit, I would be looking in the Buying and Selling forum and at other discounters for a quality tuxedo that was either a closeout, overstock,...
Quote: Originally Posted by ATM I purchased a one button peak lapel tuxedo from Jos A Bank last year. I think it is the same one but they might have changed it. Mine has grosgrain trim on the pockets and no vent. I'm not enough of an expert to comment on the quality. The description at this link: http://www.josbank.com/webapp/wcs/st...1_10050_101786 says it is unvented. That is the evening suit I'm refering to. How many times have you...
I’m considering purchasing an Evening Suit from Jos A Banks. The suit I’m interested in is the Signature Peak –Lapel (Item 6775). I’m going after this suit as it has quite a few things that I’m looking for in an evening suite. Positives It grosgrain trim which I think is very classy. It is light wool It has peaked lapels It is “one button”. Negatives: I don’t think the pockets are grosgrain trimmed – I can’t tell from the picture. It has one center vent. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy Welcome to the forum! You should never wear a white waistcoat for black tie. It's always a black waistcoat or cumberbund. I can't recall seeing a vest with a collar. Can you provide a picture? I don't think wing collars are really meant for white tie only. They're just fine with black tie, imo. This should help you out: http://www.blacktieguide.com/Classic...troduction.htm Thank you for the...
Greetings: This is my 1st post in this forum and I have a million questions. I will separate my questions in different post as not to pollute the subject or confuse anyone. Black Tie – I understand this to mean : 1.\tBlack formal jacket with satin, silk or grosgrain on the lapels, buttons and the pockets. 2.\tPockets must be 3.\tBest suggestion is a 1 button jacket (2 button is the 2nd best option) 4.\tDouble Breasted jackets can be worn but considered...