or Connect

Posts by knezz

Quote: Originally Posted by usctrojans31 Glad to see you went there....they're one of the best. Moving forward, depending on if you're in the city or not, there are some very talented ones out on the main line. What are some of the names and locations of some other options? They were very peronable, polite and professional at Ernesto's. I thought maybe the waist of the jacket needed to be taken in just a little. The tailor (one of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier Ernesto's on 5th just south of South. I think $25ish for sleeves and $12 for trousers. Went to Ernesto's and they were willing to have the work done be tomorrow afternoon or New Year's Eve at the latest. Sleeves shortened (sleeve button holes moved accordingly), below the back of the collar altered to remove some wrinkles and trousers hemmed (no cuffs) $100.00
I have the misfortune of not receiving a tuxedo from a local retailer as promised. I have a black tie event on New Year’s Eve. I purchase another tuxedo (not from this vendor who is now forever banned from my business). The suit I purchases is in need of some minor alterations. Sleeves shortened (non- working buttons) an inch and trousers hemmed. Are there any tailors in Philadelphia who do good work at relatively reasonable prices and “might” be able to work with my...
Someone was gracious enough to take the time out to list shoe manufacturers and seperated them by their level of quality. I bookmarked the post but lost it due to a computer issue. I did search and seach and can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a link to that hierarchical list? It would be most appreciated.
I'm taking a step back.... I was set on purchasing an evening suit but after visiting SF I had to take a step back as multiple replies questioned my decision. Being inexperienced with evening suite quality and styles I feel it would be wise to at least entertain the opinions of others. I am in the market to purchase and evening suit. I've bounced around on the internet as well as a few forums to understand what to buy and the proper dress. I have a general...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy seriously, what's wrong with you? it's a subforum on this site. if you don't know how to find it on your own, you probably won't know how to use if somebody gave you the URL. If I knew is was a sub forum I wouldn't have asked.. It thought it may have been another forum. Now I know.
Quote: Originally Posted by ATM I've only worn it once so I can't comment on how it will hold up over time. If you aren't in a hurry, you should probably follow dah's advice above and look at other options. I bought because it had the particular features I wanted (grosgrain, sb, peak lapel) and I was short on time. Also, the price at the time was dropped to about $300. The price will drop to about that in a week or so (the salesperson gave me...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Dien Your best bet is vintage. I really wouldn't go full out on the white tie, as unless you're in the habit of attending balls frequently, you shan't be needing it very much. $600 is low. Considering you need 2 x shirts, 2 x collars, 2 x bow ties, 2 x jackets, 2 x waistcoats, studs, perhaps even a top hat and a pair of gloves. It's either going to be incredibly shoddy new, or impossible to find vintage in your size at...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria You get what you pay for. Keeping that in mind, you could try Keezer's. - B What would be a reasonable dollar amount without breaking the bank for just the "Black Tie" configuration - including the waistcoat? I know this is a loaded question but what the heck.. Keep in mind that I may want to also get the tail coat if possible with the same material to save on cost in the future...again.. if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Philip1978 Stands for Buying & Selling and it's still there. URL please?