or Connect

Posts by thebarsmydestination

GANT Rugger sportcoat in pretty nice light brown/white houndstooth linen. A little out of season, but you can definitely wear this in warmer climes in the cool season-- it reads as tweed. The price includes the "out of season" discount, too. Half-canvassed. Unconstructed shoulder. Same as you see here: http://us.gant.com/r-bird-s-eye-unconstructed Retails for 650! (265 now, still twice as much as my price.) Measurements as follows: P2P: 18" Shoulders: 16.75" Sleeves:...
http://epauletnewyork.com/products/slim-walt-trouser-navy-hopsack-wool One pair of navy blue hopsack trousers from Epaulet. Yes, these match the Epaulet navy hopsack sportcoats (the Caine, etcetera) -- but if you're looking to complete a suit, be mindful that if you've dry-cleaned your jacket several times there might be an extremely slight difference in tone that isn't possible to capture with a camera. Hemmed to an inseam of about 28.5", but finished with a two inch...
I have and love a pair of blackwatch pants and thought the shirt would work the same magic but it's not quite right. Lightweight gauzy cotton fantastic for the Summer. Mint condition, washed once and hang dried. Looking for a quick sale, hence the price. PM for more info. Pay asking price and take a Sid Mashburn knit tie for just 20 dollars for a total of 115 USD. PM for more info. Sorry, strictly CONUS only.
Nothing weird or messed up with this one. It's a knit tie, navy. I wore it a few times and the length is a little long for me. http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/neckwear/sid-mashburn-knit-tie-navy.html PM for more info. Shipping outside CONUS is extra, depending on where you're at.
I'm phasing out some of my old oxfords to make room for Epaulet MTO shirts (if you're not familiar with Epaulet's new MTO thing, get it together and check it out here ) These have seen a pretty decent amount of wear, but they're still in great shape. Cold washed and hang dried. Blue oxfords are a staple in my wardrobe, so I'm selling two to one for the price of 80. "But, Thebarsmydestination, why so cheap?" Well, there's a caveat. I removed the darts on these by hand....
Great stand-by sweaters made in the USA by Columbiaknit. Check Archival Clothing's site for measurements. I had the length shortened to 23", but trust me-- it's the right call. You don't want your sweatshirt to be as long as your sportcoats. Unless you typically take Long or XL sizes in your suiting, you should be fine. Great hand, awesome light weight that is good for layering and makes it a great Spring transition piece. Layer it over an OCBD and wear it to be a...
The distinct color these have picked up over a couple of years of wear is unbelievable. They've seen me through two winters and, with a little bit of care, have barely aged a day. Heel and sole have lots of life left in them. Has been treated, mostly with occasional leather lotion and seasonal Pecard's leather dressing. Please note that these are very casual boots and have their share of nicks and scuffs (the close-up photos should give you an idea), so don't buy if...
Made in England -- not Indonesia, as some of the more recent Liddesdales have. Worn pretty hard over some time but, I mean. It's a Barbour. I could probably have run it over with a tank and called it NWOT. Measurements as follows: Length: 30.5" P2P: 22" Shoulders: 16.5" - 17" Sleeve Length: 25"
Measurements below. This is a 100% wool jacket with 3 open patch pockets. 2 buttons. Unlined and uncanvassed, like just about all the LBM stuff. The wool is lightweight and has a very open weave, almost like hopsack. I'm quite confident you could wear it in any conditions in which you'd wear hopsack, and then some on account of it's totally unlined and uncanvassed. Jacket has been worn quite a lot and dry cleaned once, hence the price, but has no external damage. (Be...
The blue jacket Spring cleaning continues. Unstructured LBM jacket in 77 percent wool / 23 percent mohair. Lightweight and not terribly scratchy or shiny because of the fairly small mohair content. Will be great to wear all through the Summer. Purchased off of Yoox, now sold out in this size. Price includes CONUS shipping. None of the little LBM doohickeys (that little white thing, the little tag on the sleeve buttonhole, the branded hanger) are extant, hence why I can't...